Dans Nightmare

*Phil's point of view*

"Are you sure that's the only way?" Dan whined looking around.
"Unless you want to get hit by a car." I said starting to walk. "It will only be a twenty minute walk anyway."

Dan whined, "Fine." He followed me into the woods.

We were just about in Dan's worst nightmare. It was late at night and we had to walk into the woods to get to the nearest gas station.
It was only ten minutes away, and when we got there the people would fix our car.

"I'm just waiting for Slender to pop out." Dan said after a minute or two. I laughed.
"We'll be fine."
"Or a murderer is waiting in that tree up ahead and is just waiting to drop down and kill us. Or a clown is waiting in the woods. Man, I hate clowns. Almost as much as I hate trees... and the dark. Doesn't that one up ahead look like a face. What if it's a government camera?" Dan kept going on and on about unrealistic things that would kill us.

That's the thing about Dan. When he is scared, he talks. He pretends that nothing's wrong and talks. I on the other hand cry in a little ball. Right now I was a little scared, but I would never curl up into a ball.

Especially with Dan there. He always comforts me when I'm scared and this is literally his worst nightmare. I was going to stay strong for him.
"You know, I hate the woods. Even during the daytime. It's like... where every horror movie happens. Like Cabin in the Woods, and... almost every horror game happens in the middle of nowhere, in the woods. Plus-" I interrupted Dan by holding his hand. I could tell it was shaking, cause it stopped the second I grabbed it. I locked our fingers together.

"Why'd you do that?" I heard Dan asked, his voice almost sounded relieved.
"Because you're scared." I smiled at him.
"I'm not... scared." Dan whispered the last part.
"Yes you are. This is your biggest fear right now. I know you're scared." I said gently.
"Well... aren't you scared?" He asked gently.
"A little."
"But you seem so... brave."
"Dan, when I'm crying over a measly little storm or a horror movie, are you scared too?" I stopped to look at him, not letting go of his hand.
"Well... yeah I guess." He said looking at his feet.

"Exactly. You are never scared.. of anything! I'm almost always scared. You are always the brave one. It's my turn to be the brave one, and your turn to be scared. It's ok to be scared Dan, I'll always believe that you're braver than me." I looked down at my shoes. I felt Dan hug me.
"Thank you Phil." I heard him whisper.
"For what?" I asked.
"Being braver than me."