Radioactive Leak Pt. 3

*Phil's point of view*

I did get my knife and gun back.. an hour later.
"Finally," I muttered as I stuffed the knife into my pocket. His car was completely out of gas and we're now walking through the woods.
"Why are we walking through the woods?" I frowned, I felt much safer on the road.
"Because, the road is and open area and Zombies can access you easier," He said it like it was obvious.

"Do I get to ask you any questions about yourself?" I asked, Manchester was about a three day walk from London, so I wanted to get to know this guy. All I knew was that his name was Daniel.
"Like what?" He looked up at the sky, it was getting dark out, so we were probably going to take camp soon.
"I don't know, where's your family?" I wondered, were they the ones in the picture?
"That.. is none of your business." Daniel narrowed his eyes.
"I've never gotten along with mine.. so I don't know or care about what happened to them." I shrugged and glanced over at him.
"I'm sorry." He nodded, although he didn't sound too sincere.

There was an awkward silence as I waited for him to tell me about his family.
"Are you going to talk about yours now?" I asked, he laughed.
"Nope," He smiled, the first time I've actually seen him do it in person.
"Why?" He didn't even acknowledge that I asked a question. "Alright fine, new question," I thought for a moment. "How old are you?"
"26," He answered. I was surprised to find I was older than him.
"You're pretty serious for being in your twenties," I pointed out.
"Am I? I guess being an FBI agent for three years has made me that way," I looked for signs that he was kidding but didn't find any. Then again, did he ever make a joke?
"Wow, I just wrote a few columns in the newspaper," I whispered, it was a boring job compared to his.

It went quiet, something I didn't like. I was always a social person. Whether it came to neighbors, talking on the phone, or talking to the person at the cash register. All I know is, I hated silence.

"Dan- can I call you Dan?" I asked, Daniel was too formal for me.
"First of all, no. And second of all, do you ever shut up?" He raised his eyebrows at me.
"You know, I like he name Dan. I'm going to call you Dan," I decided, he rolled his eyes. "When are we going to take camp?" I asked.
"Once we find a flat area." He looked around.

Dan walked to a spot and put my bag down- which I still hadn't gotten back. He took out the tent.
"We're camping here for the night," He said after laying out all the supplies. Dan set up the tent in no time, a lot quicker then I'd set it up.

That night, the temperature dropped to about -12 degrees celsius. I was freezing. Dan only brought two blankets. We each covered ourselves up, but under us was ice cold ground. My teeth chattered and my body was pretty much numb.
"Dan, are you up?" I whispered, his back was turned to me, and if he was cold, he wasn't showing it.
"I told you not to call me that," He sounded annoyed, I wondered if I woke him up.
"Are you cold? Cause I'm cold," I said shivering for emphasis, he probably couldn't see me in the dark anyway though.
"No," He said.
"How, I can see my breath!" I felt like I was going to get hypothermia.
"'Cause, FBI agents have to get used to extreme temperatures," He said.
"Well that's just great for me," I mumbled.

It was quiet for a little while until I heard Dan sigh.
"Stand up." He stood up.
"Why?" I frowned.
"Just do it, and hand me your blanket," He said, and I did. He took the blanket from me and laid it on the ground. Then, he laid on top of it.

We pulled his blanket on top of him and held it out.
"Come on," He sighed. My cheeks grew bright red as I realized what he meant. I was never happier for the darkness. I laid next to him, I instantly got warmer.
"You're fucking freezing," He mumbled. I wanted to laugh, this was like, the sixth time he swore today. I wasn't too close to him, but I could still feel the heat radiate off of him.

"You can scoot closer, I don't have a disease... unlike most of the world's population," He reassured me. I scooted closer and next thing I knew, his arms were wrapped around me. I took the opportunity and nuzzled my head into his chest. I could smell his slight cologne.
"Thanks Dan," I whispered, there was silence, I didn't expect him to say you're welcome. I also expected him to yell at me for calling him Dan again.
"It's ok.. I'm glad you're warming up," He whispered in response.

I fell asleep to the warmth of his body.
To the slight rising and lowering of his chest.
To the comforting sound of his heart beat.

It was only the first night, and I was already smitten for this guy. I was drawn to him. The more I think about it the more I realized how absolutely fucked I was.

First of all, this guy could be 100% straight for all I know. He could have a girlfriend, or a wife for all I know.

Second of all, we were complete opposites, so I think he hated me. I was sarcastic and annoying and he was serious and a frickin FBI agent. I had a suspicion he might kill me any minute.

Third of all, we were in a zombie apocalypse this was not the time to fall in love with some one.

But there I was, falling for someone.