"Why do you have to gesture when you talk?"

*Phils point of view*

"Do we have to go?" Dan whined following me out the door.
"We promised Pj we'd be there." I said walking down the steps.
Dan and I were supposed to go on a date tonight, but Pj called us like two days before asking if we wanted to go to a party. Since he thought we weren't together or anything and never have plans, he called us at last minute.

"But I want to go on our date." Dan whined with a smile. I smiled back, I wanted to go too. I could care less about a stupid party. Not only do I have to talk to people I didn't know very well, but people try to set me up with other Youtubers. It doesn't work out very well.

Once we got to Pj's house we avoided all interaction and went straight to he food.

After about five minutes, everyone left to go into the living room, so Dan and I were all alone.
"Phil, close your eyes." Dan said, I did.
"Why?" I asked. I didn't hear answer. I heard scraping of a chair or table.
"You can open your eyes know." He said. I opened them and what I saw made my heart melt. In front of me was a table with two chairs on the sides. In the middle was our plates of the food that was out.

"Oh my gosh, you're a dork." I said sitting down. He sat across from me smiling at his lap.
"I know." He put his hand across the table and I put mine over it. I rubbed his hand as we talked.

We were about to kiss when the the door burst open. We quickly let go of each other's hands and leaned back. In came Pj.
"Hey guys, what are you doing in here? Come out by the party." Pj said oblivious to the fact that we were on a date in his kitchen.
"Oh nothing, we'll be out in a few minutes." Dan said.
"Ok, we'll be waiting." Pj said grabbing some food and walking out the door.

Dan groaned, I felt the same way. We walked out of the door and was greeting by Pj along with many others.
"This'll be fun." I sighed.

After about two hours of talking and avoiding being hooked up with someone, Dan and I met up again in the living room. Everyone else was there, crowded around the couches and chairs. We sat on a small footrest kind of seat thing and squished together.

I felt Dan grab my hand behind our backs and my heart fluttered. I saw him smile out of the corner of my eye and gave a bright smile back. We both started to giggle, which luckily nobody  in the conversion noticed.

After a little while we got on the topic of Japan. Then somebody asked us about our experience there. We started telling everybody about it. I then realized something I should've realized the second Dan grabbed my hand. Dan gesticulates when he talks.

At first it was okay, but then he started to talk about a giant building we saw.
And everything went wrong.

"Yeah and then we saw this hu-" Dan and I froze, hands clasped together in the air. Dans other hand was up too. Our eyes went wide, along with everyone else's. We had dark red blushes on our faces. I watched as everyone's vlog cameras went down in disbelief.
"Uh..." I gave a nervous laugh.
"Well I think it's time to leave, don't you Phil?" Dan said quickly getting up, still holding my hand. 
"Yup." I said also getting up.

We ran out the door with all our friends yelling behind us.
"Why do you have to gesture when you talk." I whined talking over the voices.
"I don't know, it's a habit." He sighed.