Holiday Pt. 3

*Phil's point of view*

That morning Dan and I woke up early so my parents wouldn't barge into our room again.

Soon after breakfast we went mini golfing so I could have a rematch with Dan. I won this time, which I was very proud of.

Once we got home my mum made another announcement. We were having a house party.

We have a house party every year, but usually I'm alone. Now I have Dan. I'm happy that I'll have someone to dance with but also... nervous.

My mum always puts on a slow song. I wasn't nervous about dancing. I was worried about falling for Dan. I mean, I'm already smitten, but I don't want to make it any worse.

It all started after the kiss. It was perfect, and that scared me.

I laid on the bed and waited for Dan. I spread out and stared up at the ceiling when I heard creaking. I looked up and sure enough, there he was.

He looked perfect. He was wearing a black jacket over a white long sleeve with black skinny jeans. He fixed his curly chocolate hair a little and a dreamy smile popped on my face. I loved his hair, it was just tangles of swirly locks.

He was excited, I could tell. Not only was there a spring in his step, but I could read his eyes. I always believe in the fact that if you want to know how someone's feeling, look at their eyes.

His were such a light caramel brown they were almost golden. Around the edges, if you looked close enough, were deep brown.

"Well, it's time to go." I said, almost grabbing Dan's hand.

I could already hear the chatter and music downstairs. My mom invited a bunch of people near by the area.

We walked down and the first thing we did was avoid everyone. Dan and I sat down at the bar near the kitchen. The truth is though, no matter where we went there was always people. People were scattered everywhere.

Me and Dan both got some beer and hung out.
"Are you glad we lied?" I looked over at Dan after he spoke who was looking at nothing.
"Yeah, otherwise it would be very lonely. Besides, who else would I beat and mini golf?" I giggled.
"Oh shut up! I beat you first!" Dan shoved me a little.
"Yeah yeah. Really though, I'm glad you came. Sorry we had to... you know. And I'm especially sorry we have to slow dance together." I said taking another sip.
"Actually Phil.. I wanted to talk to you about all that. I think I'm-"

"Hey guys!" My mum walked up to us interrupting Dan. I internally groaned. What was Dan going to say?
"Hey mum!" I put on a fake smile.
"Hey!" Said Dan also smiling, I could tell his was fake too.

If you knew Dan like I do, there was two major giveaways. First of all, his dimple. Dan's dimple always shows up when he smiles. It wasn't there.

Second of all, his eyes. As always, his eyes. They were dark brown. There was golden specks, but they weren't showing up as much as they were earlier.

"The slow dance is coming on next! You two are going to dance right?" She asked pointing to the clearing in the living area. Most people, if they were dancing, danced there.

Then, as if on cue, Thinking Out Loud came on.
She clapped happily.
"Get out there!" She pushed us along.

After a few seconds of awkward struggle, Dan put his hand on my waist and his other hand in mine. My left hand, was on his shoulder.

We glided around the room with ease. It seemed natural.

Although dancing was amazing, what we were talking about earlier was still burned into my mind.

"Hey Dan?" I whispered.
"Yeah?" He whispered back.
"Can we talk about the thing you were saying earlier?" I asked.
"Yeah, so-" Again, Dan was interrupted. This time, the song being over.

I was about to suggest we go somewhere else when we were pulled aside by Martyn and Cornelia.
I groaned, why wouldn't everyone just leave us alone?

After about an hour of telling the "story" of how we got together 50 million times, along with enough drinks to get us tipsy, Dan and I finally got away from everyone.

We went out to the front porch and sat together in the hammock that covered half of the floor. We sat across from each other, but still close enough where our knees were touching.

"Want to finally talk?" Dan asked me.
"Yes please." I sighed happily.

"What I was saying is... I'm having too much fun on this weekend. I just don't want to leave. I don't know if it's because we are pretending to date or if..." Dan paused searching for words. His bright yellow eyes looked into my bright blue ones. "Or if I'm in love with you Phil. All I know is... I don't think I want to pretend anymore." Dan said, his eyes turned dark, he was scared.

"I don't think I want to either... but are you positive that you're not just saying this because you're tipsy?" I asked.
"I'm positive." Dan said smiling bright.
"Good... because I am too." And with that I leaned in and we kissed.

This one was different front the rest. The last two it was like we had an excuse. Practice, and force. But this time we weren't practicing for anything, and no one was forcing us. This time we did it because we both wanted to.

And this time it wasn't a kiss. It was full on making out. Our tongues swirled around the others and felt around each others mouths. All while our lips were moving sloppily together.

I unhooked our lips and moved down to Dan's neck. I kissed down and started to suck on the side leaving a hickey. I heard Dan moan and left about three more.

We would've kept going, but then Dan slightly pushed me off.
"Philphilphil. We have to stop." He said catching his breath. "I want to do this as much as you do, I promise, but I want to be sober. I want to remember every single detail of it. And not with your parents." We both laughed a little.
"You're right." I said catching my breath.

That's when Dan kissed me again. This time we kept it gentle, if we did what we did earlier I'm not sure we could contain ourselves.

Then after an hour of kissing and whispering we were as close as can be, as we fell asleep.