Set Back the Clock

Trigger Warning: Self Harm not involved just talked about

Dan thought about Phil's question. What would change about your past if you could? He squeezed his arms through his sleeves. He thought about the lines of scars that ran up and down his skin. He looked into Phil's blue eyes. What would he change about his past?

"I wish I could've met you sooner," Dan shrugged. If he met Phil sooner, so much would've been different. He don't think he would've felt nearly as bad as he did about himself as he did when he was in his twenties. The years Phil came in, he stopped hurting himself and actually felt good about himself. If Phil has been there from the beginning...

"Yeah," Phil smiled at him. He stared at Dan's fingers- they were clenching his wrists and arms. Phil followed where his train of thought was going. "Me, too."

That night was different. They both went to sleep in their beds but they couldn't stop thinking about the conversation. What if they had been friends earlier? Things what be drastically different. Not only for Dan, but for Phil, too. As if that night wasn't weird enough, they woke up together. Not at the same time- that wouldn't be weird- they woke up in the same bed. They were also next to each other. Like right next to each other. It scared Dan so much he woke Phil up trying to unscramble their legs.

"What the hell?" Dan frowned. Phil confusedly shook his head back. "Where are we?" Dan suddenly noticed the change in scenery. There were Muse, Panic! at the disco, and Fall Out Boy posters everywhere. They were laying on a bed with plain navy blue bed sheets. There was a dresser in the room that looked nothing like either of their dressers and there were clothes everywhere. The room was smaller than either of their's and there was a window viewing out.

"Am I dreaming?" Dan sat up rubbing his eyes. This couldn't be right could it? He pinched himself but nothing happened.

"I'm pretty sure no," Phil got up, too. "Where are we?" Phil asked, Dan had a look on his face like he knew exactly where they were.

"This looks like my bedroom from when I was like sixteen," Dan explained. He got up and walked to the door. Phil followed close behind. There was a hallway leading to two other doorways and stairs. "Oh my god, this was the exact hallway, too," Dan muttered. "Phil, are you sure we're not dreaming?"

Phil poked him hard on the side, earning a hard yelp and a glare from Dan. "Either way, why would we both be dreaming of this?" Phil frowned, Dan shrugged and kept walking. He got downstairs and found an empty house, the exact same set up as his old house.

"Phil, this is weird. If this isn't a dream how are we in my old house. Like this isn't even similar, it's identical." Dan looked back at Phil who looked just as confused as he was.

"Maybe we're in a coma?" Phil's eyes widened.

"'Cause that made more than a dream." Dan rolled his eyes. "Let's go see if we can find anyone to figure out what the fuck is going on," Dan suggested.

Phil nodded and they walked downstairs. The first person they found was Dan's mum. She looked about ten years younger and seemed to be writing something on the table.

"Mum?" Dan asked walking closer. He expected her to look up, but nothing happened. He waved his hand in front of her face but still- nothing. "This has to be a dream," Dan muttered. But it felt so real. It didn't feel anything like a dream. He could remember everything from when he woke up, and he didn't think he could do that in a dream.

Their questions were soon answered when Dan walked through the front door. Not just regular Dan Howell, but Dan Howell as a sixteen year old. He had long straight hair and had earbuds in. He walked into the room, said hi to his mum and walked upstairs. He didn't even notice the two guys standing in his living room.