Cuddles of the Future

*Dan's point if view*

I couldn't stop crying no matter what, it was 2AM. It wasn't everything anybody did, other than myself. The monsters in my head had come out again, for the first time in months.
you're ugly
you're fat
nobody loves you
Phil pities you
your own viewers pity you
the only reason you have them is because you stole them from Phil
you
are
worthless

They roared insult after insult.

The crying was getting so bad I started to feel sick and nauseous. Every time I calmed myself down, I would start to ball again.
you deserve to cry

The swirling chaos of voices suddenly stopped and were replaced a bright light.
It was the sun.
Not the literal sun, my sun.
My sun had raven black hair and eyes as bright as the sky and somehow as deep and harsh as the ocean at the same time.

"Dan? What's wrong?" He whispered stepping into my room. I couldn't get any words out, all a could do is let out a strangled gasp. He ran to me and I cried into his chest.
"Shh, it's ok, was it the monsters?" He whispered, I nodded.

Phil knew everything about my depression. I've told him about the harsh comments that rang through my head, he called them my monsters. The name stuck and now that's kind of what our code is. If we were doing something and it started to get bad, he would ask, I would answer. He always sat with me, always reassured me that what they said weren't true. He always made sure I knew he loved me.

Eventually we were laying down and cuddling. My crying bad stopped and now I just felt... worthless.
"Why are you here?" I asked frowning at Phil.
"Because I love you, and I'm your boyfriend. We have an unspoken promise to be there for each other," He smiled. "Plus, I didn't want you to be alone right now."
"I love you too," I pulled away so I could look into the eyes I fell in love with.

"Why are you dating me?" I asked.
"So I can marry you," He beamed at me.
"What?" I said in a breath.
"Well, I've just," He hesitated. "I've been thinking about our future together," His smile got wider than it already was.
"You have?" I was smiling now too.
"Yeah, and it's a great one," He said.
"What's it like?" I wondered.
"Well, of course, I propose in a romantic way, we get married. We invite everybody that's close to us, and maybe, if we're comfortable with it, we film it," Phil said, I laughed quietly.
"Can we make our own vows? And can the wedding be in Manchester?" I asked thinking about where we first met.
"Of course, whatever you'd like. And then, we'd go on a honeymoon to an exotic place," He gave me a smirk. "And we'd get first class tickets, because you deserve no less," He lightly placed his hand in my cheek.

"And then what?" I whispered, I couldn't believe he thought this far ahead.
"We'd come home as husbands, but the first thing we'd do, is move," He decided.
"Why?" I frowned, I liked this apartment.
"We'd move to a huge house right outside of London. After we get a house with four bedrooms, we would go to the adoption center and have our first kid: a little boy."
"There will be more than one?" I asked, tears pricked my eyes, he nodded.
"Then we'll get another little boy... maybe a surrogate mother. Then finally, we'd have a little girl, she will be a princess- protected by her two older brothers," He said, I could tell he had thought long and hard about this. I could see in his eyes he was imagining it.
Hell, I was terrified of the future, but right now, I was imagining this too.

"I love that," I giggled, I couldn't help the happy tears falling.
"And then we'd name our daughter Winnie, based of Winnie the Pooh," He said, I smiled.
"We'd named one of our sons Dylan, Dyl for short," I tilted my head at him.
"We are not naming our kid after our Sim."
"Fine," He sighed. "And then we would name the other one Dog, because apparently I think that's a boys name," He laughed.
"Phil, shut up, we need to work on the names," I shook my head at him.
"Fine," He sighed over dramatically. "Then we'd get a dog that would be a mix of a Shiba Inu and a Corgi and we'd name it Bear or something," He smiled. "And then they'd all run around the yard together, it's going to be great," He smiled.

"You've thought a lot about this haven't you?" I whispered.
"Well of course I have, I want to start a future with you, and only you," He pecked me on the lips.
"You've helped me realize that.. I want that too."

We spent the rest of that night planning our futures together. The monsters in my head faded away. I'm guessing they were scared of the fact that Phil didn't plan on leaving me any time soon.

—————————

Thank you fluffyhairjames for suggesting this prompt!