Phil

*Dan's point of view*

"I like the name Phil." She bit her lip and looked up at me.
"Me too." I gripped her hand as they slowly wheeled the bed into the hospital room.
"Really?" She asked in the cutest tone.
"Of course, Dan and Phil. It's got a nice ring to it." I smiled down at her as we reached the place I'd have to stop.
"I love you!" I heard her yell.
"I love you too!" I yelled back.

The truth is, Sophie never felt right as a girl. She felt she was always supposed to be a boy. She was nervous when she told me her idea, but I 100% was ok with it. I wasn't about to lose the best girl I've ever had because she wanted to be a Phil instead of a Sophie.

Today was the day she'd been planning for months now. She was going to get surgery and become a he. We knew it'd take a long time for her to completely recover and it was a risk we were both willing to take.

We spent about a year changing from hospital beds to our normal ones. Each time I'd sit by his said and we'd talk all day and night long, we'd talk until a nurse or a doctor kicked me out.

The problem was that I was so in love with this girl that was now a boy that I didn't care. I didn't care if she wanted to become a he. I didn't care if I'd be spending a while in a hospital or helping him out, it was something I was willing to do.

If I sit in waiting rooms, I don't need a distraction. I think about our future. I knew, especially from waiting like this, I wanted to marry him. The second this is all over, I was proposing, no matter what.

I thought about all that as I sat on our couch. We were about to go to dinner and I was ready with the ring in my pocket. He came out of the hallway area.
"I feel stupid." He whispered, I looked up and the only word that came to mind was, fuck. Cause he look amazing.

His long black hair was now a super short fringe, there was no longer makeup on his face which is something I was already loving. His blue eyes seemed bright and his lips were the same pink I was used to. He was wearing a black suit that went around his curvy hips.

"You shouldn't." I said very obviously looking him up and down. I could see the blush go across his face, along with a smile.
"Thanks." He whispered, I got up and grabbed his hand.
"You ready?" I asked.
"I guess.." He said, I could tell he was self conscious about how he looked.

We got in the Uber and we were on our way. Phil probably fixed his hair twenty times.
"Hey." I whispered. "You look fine." I kissed his ear.
"Yeah, ok." He whispered back, but I could tell he took the complement. His smile was much wider. 

He walked inside the restaurant.
"Table for Daniel Howell." I smiled at Phil. The lady at the table smiled.
"Right this way." She started to walk into the room I requested. Phil didn't know, but we were eating in private tonight. He frowned at me, but by smile only got wider.

We ate dinner and Phil said thank you probably twenty times.
"Do you like it?" I asked after taking a bite of my food. I grabbed his hands.
"I love it!" He smiled, and it only got wider when I knelt down on one knee.

"I love you Phil, so will you marry me?" I asked, there were tears in his eyes.
"Dan I'd love to but.. you don't want to marry me." He gave me a sad look.
"Why wouldn't I want to marry you?" I frowned.
"Because I make everything more difficult. And so many people are going to judge you because I'm.. trans." He whispered the last part. "And I can't do that to you."
"I could care less about what people say to me, and this might be difficult, thats true. But when I was waiting in that room for you, I realized how much I love you. I realized how much I couldn't wait for you to get out. I realized that if I wanted to do this with one person for the ready of my life, I want it to be with you." I said, and it was true. He sighed.
"You're making this so difficult." He whispered.
"Then we're the perfect match darling." I smiled. "Please?" I asked.

"Yes, I will." I slipped the ring on his finger and gave him a kiss.
"I love you, no matter what." I whispered.
"I love you too." He whispered back.

Sophie used to be my favorite name. It'd make me smile in the worst times and made me feel the happiest I've ever been in the best times.
Now, my new favorite name, was Phil.