Would You Be So Kind?

I have a question, it might seem strange
How are your lungs? Are they in pain?

Phil sat at the side of the stage and smiled. Dan was preforming Would You Be So Kind, one of his favorites. Let's face it, they're all his favorites. Dan's voice was just amazing to him. It was so quiet and sweet, but the noise of the ukulele and his British voice blended together perfectly- so loud and perfect it filled the whole room.

Dan sat on a stool in the middle of the room, playing away. He wore a yellow sweater and white jeans, his hair was a poof of perfect curls with a yellow flower crown lightly placed on top.

'Cause mine are aching think, I know why
I kinda like it though, you wanna try?

Phil had butterflies in my stomach as Dan's eyes shone their brilliant golden brown. The freckles near his eyes showed off the small wrinkles from his bright smile. Echoes of his and everyone else's voices filled the room.

This song was always his favorite, he felt it implied to him. Not Dan writing it and thinking about Phil, but him listening to it and thinking about Dan.

Phil knew the feeling of aching lungs, he always got them the more he talked to Dan. Whenever he thought about Dan. Whenever he was with Dan. Whenever... Dan had anything to do with it.

Oh would you be so kind
As to fall in love with me? You see I'm trying
I know you know that I like you
But that's not enough so if you will
Please fall in love

Dan thought Phil knew that he liked him, he always has. Dan liked him back, but he was too scared to tell Phil. He thought that he'd force a relationship. Instead, he made a song for him. He made a song describing his lungs aching for Phil, a song about falling in love, not knowing Phil felt the same. Dan thought about Phil listening to this song as he sat on stage.
Maybe our lungs could ache together.

I think it's only fair
There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere
Wanna share 'cause I like you
But that's not enough so if you will
Please fall in love with me

Dan's butterflies got more intense as he walked off stage. He met Phil with a smile. The butterflies grew- for both. They flew in the air and mixed together in a colorful mess.

"You did great!" Phil smiled at Dan.
"Thanks," Dan blushed.

Let's write a story, be in my book
You've go to join me on my page
At least take a look
Oh where are your manners?
You need some time
Let's swap chests today
That might help you decide

"Who's the song about?" Phil wondered, a question bugging him for a while now. He didn't want to push Dan, but he needed the answer more than ever before.

Dan wished that he could be in a romance novel. The guy would fall in love, but even though the person he wanted fell in love with someone else (someone who probably had a six pack), the one the guy wants always falls in love with him.

Oh would you be so kind
As to fall in love with me? You see I'm trying
I know you know that I like you
But that's not enough so if you will
Please fall in love

You. The answer was plain and simple in Dan's brain. He couldn't say it. He was almost positive that Phil knew, positive Phil didn't love him back.

I think it's only fair
There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere
Wanna share 'cause I like you
But that's not enough so if you will Please fall in love with me

Dan thought about the lyrics in his head as he took Phil's hands. Dan wanted Phil to fall in love with him, just like Phil wanted Dan to fall in love with him.

Oh do me a favor
Can your heart rate rise a little?
Do me a favor
Can your heart rate rise a little?
Do me a favor
Can your hart rate rise a little?
Do me a favor

"It's about you," Dan let out a breath, his heart raced. He was hoping Phil's was doing the same. Phil was, of course, freaking out, obviously his heart was racing.

Oh would you be so kind
As to fall in love with me? You see I'm trying
I know you know that I like you
But that's not enough so if you will
Please fall in love

"I was hoping so," Phil whispered to the pastel boy. They were in love, and they both knew it. Dan was a 6/10, a plain boy who fell in love when this other boy met him. He was absolutely smitten, his heart was intertwined with a cloud of want, need, and above all, love. Both Dan and Phil were sick of losing soulmates, now, they weren't going to.

I think it's only fair
There's gotta be some butterflies somewhere
Wanna share 'cause I like you
But that's not enough so if you will
Please fall in love, oh I like you
But that's not enough so if you will
Please fall in love with me

Life felt like every song off Dan's albums, every song was about Phil anyway. Dan got his wish, he was in the right story too. Dan kissed Phil lovingly and walked out stage with a smile. Time to preform the last of the songs, and then it was just be him and Phil.

Maybe he should rename this album. Maybe this album could be called, Songs about Phil.

——————————
Special thanks to roro0phoenix for the prompt for this story!