"I think you just fell for me"

*Dan's point of view*

I tightened my tie and walked out the door, briefcase in hand. I walked to the tube, it was a short walk from my flat. I got on my usual bus on my way to my usual job.

I stepped on and sat down on one of the seats. The doors started to close but stopped when someone came running in. I looked past the crowd surrounding the door and saw his very attractive face. He had messy raven black hair and the most gorgeous blue eyes. His skin was pale and we wore glasses. He wore a partly tucked striped-button up with a pair of dark dress pants. His shoes were nice, but I could see a hint of bright color in his socks.

His face was bright red as everybody scowled at him for holding the bus a little late. His eyes widened and he started to walk down the aisle, looking for a seat.

I don't know what came over me. I didn't know if it was because he was attractive, or the fact that I felt bad that everyone was making fun of him, but I stood up.

"This seat's open!" I called to him, gesturing at my seat. He looked up, looking thankful.
"Thanks," He said breathlessly sitting down. He took the many papers he had and started shoving them in his briefcase. I leaned against the pole and stared at him. I don't really know why, he was just so beautiful.

He glanced up. "What?" He set the briefcase onto his lap.
"What?" I cleared my throat.
"You were staring, Do I have something on my face?" He started to wipe his face off.
"No, no it's just..." I hesitated.
"Oh, this was your seat wasn't it?" He asked, starting to get up.
"Oh, no! Well.. I mean- yeah, but it's fine," I stuttered out, I figured he need the seat more than I did.

"Thank you so much, you're nicer than everyone else here," He glanced around, the person next to him scowled at him.
"Yeah, most of the people in here are stuck-up. For them, waiting an extra minute is life threatening," I rolled my eyes, his eyes widened a little. "You're not from around here are you?" I asked.
"Is it that obvious?" He winced.
"I'm afraid so," I smirked.

"Yeah. I just moved here a week ago for my job. I'm a newspaper writer," He explained.
"Oh, I'm a lawyer."
"That sounds tough."
"It's actually kind of fun. Today, my case is about a forty year old man that ran naked through a high school to get his ex-wife who works there back," I laughed, he laughed too.
"Good luck with that one," He smiled.

The next thing I knew, my stop was here. I smiled at the man and got off the bus. I walked into work with a bright smile. As I walked through the doors I realized that I had just met somebody who made me happier than ever, and I didn't even know his name.

The next day I met him again. I found out his name was Phil. We didn't talk much, but it was still nice being around him. This happened everyday for about a month. We'd see each other and smile. Every once and a while we'd talk, but most times we would just smile.

I realized over the next few months we did the same thing. He'd read his book, or type on his computer, and each time he wasn't looking, I glance up at him. I'd stare at him for a little bit. It was weird, I saw him everyday. But it was like he was so beautiful I couldn't get enough of him. I'd think about how his outfit changed, or what book he was reading, or how his hair sat different than it usually did. Every once and a while though, I'd look up and see him staring at me. It made me want to giggle like a teenager, I wondered if he felt the same way.

After about three months of this crush I had with him, I finally worked up the courage of talking with him again.
"Harry Potter?" I glanced at his book, he looked up.
"Oh, yeah, I've read it like five times, but I love the book," He said happily.
"Me too," I blushed. Now that I had a crush on him, I found that every time I talked to him I blushed.

As I was about to say something else, the tube made a sharp stop. Since I was talking to Phil, I stopped hanging on to the bar. Because of this, I fell right in top of him. The chatter along the bus went quiet and our faces went dark red. I tried to get out of our tangle of limbs but found that my body refused to move.

"I think... I think you just fell for me," Phil said out of breath, I swallowed hard.
"Wouldn't be the first time," My breath hitched, I did not mean to say that out loud. The train started to move again and the whole crowd started to applaud, our blushes somehow got redder.

"Would you like to go on a date?" Phil asked, I had no idea how he found the courage to speak. I managed to unscramble myself and stand up. I brushed off my clothes.
"I.. I'd love to," I smiled. We exchanged numbers and the train came to a slow stop this time, my stop.

"I guess I have to go," I bit my lip and started to walk away.
"See you tonight!" Phil said excitedly.

This time, when I walked off the bus with that giggly feeling, I didn't hold it in. The smile on my face was wide. And this time, I knew not only his name, but the fact that I'm in love with him.

—————————

Thank you phanspit for the idea of this prompt!