Rules Can Be Broken Pt. 3

*Dan's point of view*

"You get it," I mumbled once I heard the knock on the door. I was sprawled over Phil while we waiting for Pj, Chris, Liam, and Louise to arrive. We were all going to hangout since it was Friday night, we figured we'd tell them about us, too. Plus, his parents were on another business trip.

"You get it," He mumbled back. "You're on top of me," He pointed out.
"You're usually on top of me," I smirked at him, he narrowed his eyes.
"You're such a little shit." He pushed me off and answered the door.

Chris and Pj walked through the door with Louise and Liam trailing after them.
"Look who's already here," Pj smirked at me.
"Oh, shut up," I rolled my eyes and got up.

It wasn't long before we were playing Cards Against Humanity with drinks in our hands. Chris and Pj both sat down the couch next to me. Louise sat down on a chair and Liam sat on the arm. Phil sat on the floor in between my legs.

Every time Phil had a funny one he'd lean back and show it to me.
"Not dating my ass," Pj laughed after the fifth time he showed one to me. My palms started to sweat once Phil nodded up to me. It was time to tell them. I knew they would be accepting, I just dreaded Pj's reaction. I already knew he'd shout about how he knew it the whole time.

"About that..." Phil trailed off as he set down his cards. They all looked up at him. "We're no longer fuck buddies." He smiled at me. "We're officially dating," We both stopped looking at each other and looked at the others.
"Since when?" Pj asked immediately after Phil finished his sentence.
"Last night after Pj said that whole dating thing," Phil blushed.

The all groaned and cursed. I frowned, were they not happy for us? Then, they all took out their wallets. Money went flying to Liam's hands. He smiled and put the wad of cash into his wallet. I figured he'd have at least £20.
"You bet on us?!" I exclaimed.
"Well, yeah! Waiting for you two to finally realize you love each other got annoying, so we decided we'd make some money while we waited," Louise explained.
"Oh my god, what did you even bet?" I asked.
"I bet that you were dating this whole time," Pj announced, I rolled my eyes.
"I said once you went off to uni," Chris said.
"I said in a few weeks," Louise threw in.
"I said 'by tomorrow', we made the bets yesterday," Liam held up his wallet.

"I can't believe you bet on us," I frowned.
"I can't believe we didn't find out from Pj," Phil smirked, we all laughed.
"You know what?" Pj stood up. "If I didn't tell your parents about you and James on the couch, they would've let you keep seeing him, meaning you probably wouldn't be fuck buddies in the first place!" He yelled at Phil. "If I never told Sarah you thought her laugh was annoying, I bet you would've started dating her. Unlike Phil, you actually go on more than three dates with people, meaning you wouldn't be fuck buddies with Phil!" He turned from me to Chris. "If I never told your parents we were dating we both know they'd never find out!Plus, they thought it was hilarious, anyway! And, Dan, I didn't even tell that girl that you had a crush on that you had a crush on her. I told her that, although you were staring at her, you were gay and madly in love with someone else!" My jaw just about fell to the floor. "And finally, if I hadn't told everyone about your thing, at the lunch table, you definitely wouldn't be dating right now." He plopped back down on the couch, leaving us all in awe.

All he said was true though. It was crazy to think that the only reason Phil and I were together was because of Pj.
"Damn," I whispered. "I feel like I should applaud you," I laughed.
"I'm just glad all my meddling is finally recognized," He smiled.

I smiled at Phil. I was really happy now. This whole thing between us was shaping out to be great. I always loved Phil. The only reason I didn't say anything was because I thought I'd never see him again. I thought, if I told him, he'd think it was too weird and leave. I figured that I'd rather have meaningless sex with him than not be with him at all. Now though, this was everything that I've ever dreamed of.

"Wait," Louise frowned. "What about that time I threw that surprise birthday party for Liam? You told him the second you found out. That didn't do anything, it just ruined the surprise," She frowned.
"You know what Louise?! FIGHT ME!" He shouted.

——————————

Thank you fairly_local_alyssa for the idea of this chapter!