The Chair

*Dan's point of view*

I walked into the apartment from the store and the smell of my favorite candle filled my nose. I set my bags down on the counter and was immediately greeted by Phil with a kiss on the cheek. He closed the door behind me and followed me into the kitchen.

"Nice candle." I smiled at him.
"Your favorite," He smiled back. "Here, let me get that." He grabbed the bag off the counter and started to put things away.
"I could've gotten that," I said once he sat back down in front of me.
"I know." He shrugged. "Do you have any games you want to play any game tonight for the gaming video?" He asked me.
"You're letting me choose a game?" I raised my eyebrows at him. "You love choosing the game." He shrugged again.
"Yeah yeah. I was thinking we could go out to that restaurant you love tonight." Phil walked into the living room and sat on the couch. I frowned and followed along. Realization settled over my face. "What did you do?" I sighed.

"What?" He asked nonchalantly.
"You closed the door for me when I walked in, you lit my favorite candle, you put away my bags, you were letting me pick a game for tonight and you want to take me out to my favorite restaurant," I listed and took a look around. "And not to mention, you finally picked up those dirty socks that I have been nagging for you to pick up for weeks. So, what did you do?" I asked again

"Can't I just be a good boyfriend." He let out a trying-to-convince smile, I narrowed my eyes at him. He sighed and stood up. "Ok, fine. Don't be mad-" He pointed at me.
"I hate when you start off a sentence with "don't be mad", I'm always mad." I huffed and crossed my arms.
"Almost always, not always," Phil pointed out trying to win me over, I rolled my eyes.
"Stop stalling. What did you do?" I let my eyes travel to the corner of the room where one of our many house plants were sitting. "I swear to god if you bought another fucking house plant..." I trailed off.

"No." He shook his head and I sighed with relief. "But," He started again. I gave him a I'm-done-with-your-shit look. "I may or may not have bought something else."
"And that is?" I urged him to continue.
"Ok, how old do you think my gaming chair
is?" He suddenly asked.
"I don't know.." I frowned. "Maybe a year old. Why?" I wondered.
"Nope!" He pointed out excitedly. I almost laughed at how excited he got about me being wrong. "That chair in there, is three years old! Three years I've had that chair!" He exclaimed.

That time I did laugh. "So, what? You got a new one?" I asked. "Why would I be mad? It wasn't like a thousand pounds, was it?"
"Not at all, it was pretty cheap actually," He beamed, I frowned.
"Then what's wrong with it?" I was really starting to worry now. What was it, bright orange? Infested with rats? I followed him into the gaming room and looked at the chair. It looked normal, completely fine actually. I couldn't see an issue with it.

"Again.. what's wrong with it?" I gave him a questioning look. He sighed and sat down. The second he did, the room was filed with a loud squeak. "What the hell was that?" I frowned.
"The problem with a chair. The place I bought it from said they all do it when they're brand new, it only lasts about a month though," Phil answered with a wince.
"That's not too bad." I shrugged.

I was wrong. I was so horribly wrong. It started with our gaming video. Every time he moved- and I mean every time- it let out a loud squeak. As if that wasn't bad enough for a normal person, Phil was sitting in it. Phil barely sat still because he is an actual five year, resulting in almost constant squeaking.

"Phil, I'm gonna kill you," I muttered the second the video was over.
"It only lasts a month," He argued.
"Well then, I think we'll wait to post a video for a month," I argued back.
"We don't have to wait a month over a stupid chair Danny," Phil sighed. "Besides, it's not that bad." He started to spin in circles, the squeaks filled the room.

"Phil I swear to God." I narrowed my eyes at him. "If you don't stop I'm gonna-"
"You're gonna what?" He stopped long enough to smirk at me. "You have nothing to hold over me." He smiled and kept spinning.
"No sex." I smiled back.
"Pfft, we both know I could last without it longer than you," He laughed, I huffed, I knew he was right. I glared at him. It was the only thing I could do. He was right, I really didn't have anything over him. He stopped eventually with a sigh.

"Did my glare work?" I snickered, he rolled his eyes and slumped into the chair.
"Barely, I stopped because I was dizzy. And.. the squeak got annoying."
"I told you it's annoying." I smiled.
"Yeah yeah, what are we going to do about it?" He asked.

"We could use a month break..." I trailed off hopefully, he rolled his eyes.
"You can deal with a squeak for one month." He said getting up. He wobbled a little, but grabbed my hand and pulled me up. He interlocked our fingers and led me through the apartment.
"Fine," I mumbled. "Where are we going?" I frowned.
"Hey, I said that I could hold back on sex, not that I'm gonna/want to." He smirked.
"Yeah, ok, Phil," I said shutting the door behind me.

"Oh, and by the way," I said once he got closer to me, his face a few centimeters away from mine. "I am always mad when you tell me, 'don't be mad'," I smirked.
"You weren't mad at first," H pointed out.
"That's only because I didn't hear it at first. Plus-" He cut me off with his lips. I wanted to roll my eyes, he did always hate to lose arguments.