The Office

*Dan's point of view*

I finished my the call with my client and sat back in my chair. I glanced over at Phil. His eyes were wide in his glasses as he read over some random things at his desk. He ran his fingers through his hair, he didn't look very happy. I didn't blame him, though.

It all started when Joe was talking about his worse first date. He had said that he was with a girl at a restaurant and told us that she was pretty fit and looked healthy. She had a thing around her ankle all evening that he just assumed was an ankle weight, it turned out she had just gotten out of prison and it was an ankle monitor.

Caspar carried on with awful first date stories talking about a girl that had gotten out a background check on him and read it word for word as their date carried on.

The bar was set pretty high and none of us could really beat it, but then Phil came walking in. He asked what we were doing and I, of course, told him. He told us about a first date story where his date and a few of his friends went to a hockey game... but then they left... without him. His date literally forgot about him at their date. As if that wasn't worse enough, we found out it was his fiancé, Alyssa.

Alyssa: what a character. Phil's "wonderful", "charming", "sweet" fiancé, according to him. I, on the other hand, thought she was a massive bitch. They had been engaged for three years and it wasn't like she was helping plan their mystery wedding. If anything, she made Phil's planning more complicated and he does nothing but try to please her. I tried to talk to Phil about it, but he stopped listening to any logical advice when it came to her.

But now, looking at him stressing out, I knew I needed to do something. I needed to get his mind off work. I thought about pranking Pj, that always cheered him up, but I felt the need to do something more. The more I thought about making plans and watching Pj argue with a client over the phone, the better the idea I got. Suddenly, it struck me.

"Hey, Pj." I looked over at him. He looked at me, glared, and then immediately looked away, continuing his call. "Pj," I said again.

"Dan, I'm on the phone," He muttered. "No!-not you!" He yelled at his client. Phil looked up at that with a questionable look. I smirked at him, which made him start to smile, still wondering what was going on.

"Fine, then I guess they'll be disappointed," I sighed. He held the phone away from his mouth and frowned.

"Who?" He asked slowly.

"Who, what, Pj?" I asked, acting confused. I could see Phil watching from the corner of my eye starting to laugh. If I had an audience I might as well put on a show.

"Who will be disappointed, Dan?" He asked intensely.

"The whole police force," I scoffed.

"Why would they be disappointed in me?" He asked nervously.

"Haven't you heard about the burglar on the loose?" I asked, trying to be utterly baffled. He immediately hung up the phone.

"What burglar?" He asked, eyes wide. I looked over to the cup of coffee that was sitting on my desk and widened my eyes, too.

"Orlando Nescafé," I explained eagerly. "Phil, you've heard of Orlando Nescafé, right?" I asked him, he had his eyes wide, too.

"Who hasn't? I heard he's not only a burglar, but a killer, too!" Phil exclaimed, going along with my joke. I grinned at him and mouthed a nice add before looking back at Pj with my scared facade.

"I've never heard of him," Pj said slowly. "How can he be stopped?"

"Fireworks," I said simply.