Abused

*Phils point of view*

I went into Dan and I's small waiting room. Dan was sitting on the couch looking upset.
"You alright Dan?" I asked shutting the door behind me. He quickly wiped some tears out of my eyes.
"Yeah.. I'm fine." He sniffled. Luckily no one was in there yet.

I went up to him and sat on his lap. I cupped his face with my hands.
"What's wrong?" I asked him quietly. I saw his bottom lip quiver, that usually meant that he was trying not to cry.
"Dan, come on.. tell me. Is it something about them?" I whispered.

He laid his on my shoulder and broke out crying. I hugged him and rubbed his back.
"Did you see them?" I asked.
"Th-they were w-walking b-by and th-they said that-"
"Whatever they said is not true." I stated. They were a bunch of liars, his parents I mean, I've heard the things they told him.
"You aren't worthless, you aren't stupid, you're amazing." I said as he looked up at me.
"Thanks Phil." He smiled and I pecked his lips. I wiped away his tears and went out of the room.

I found Louise outside.
"Hey Louise." I said closing the door.
"Hey Phil!" She gave me a hug.
"Can you go in by Dan while I do something real quick?"
"Sure, but why?"
"Because he was thinking about his parents and-"
"And you're worried about him, ok." She went into the room and I left. Louise knew about it, so I knew she'd take care of him.

I walked onto stage where people were setting up for Dan's interview. I went up to a guy with a quiff and a plaid flannel, he was the interviewer.
"Hi!" I said walking up to him.
"Hi." He said getting up from his chair.
"I'm Phil Lester, I'm Dan Howells boyfriend." I held out my hand and shook it.
"I know who you are, nice to meet you."
"I have a quick question. Do you have any questions about Dan's parents?" I asked.
"Um yeah the last one."
"Could you just take it out please?"
"Yeah of course." He smiled and and left.

I also left, getting back to Dan. He looked about ten times better and was laughing with Louise when I walked in. After about ten minutes of talking it was time for the interview.

Dan and I walked to the stage and he wiped his sweaty palms on his pants.
"How you feeling?" I asked him.
"Nervous.. but excited. As always."
"Don't be, you'll do great." I gave him a smile and he walked out.

I had to leave from the side to back stage because I was "distracting" Dan. I watched from a screen with a few other people, including Louise. The interview was going great until the last question.
"What impact did your parents have in your life?" The guy asked with a smile. I tensed as I saw Dan's face drop.
"I told him not to ask that." I mumbled angrily.
"Maybe he forgot." Louise suggested hopefully.

"Your boyfriend insisted I shouldn't ask it, but many of us would like that answer." I got really mad at that. The camera turned to Dan who was as white as a ghost and he looked like he could start crying any minute. 
"I... could I have a different question please?" Dan asked.
"Why? What'd your parents do? Beat you or something?" He laughed, but Dan wasn't, and neither was I. I was ready to go out there.
"Oh my god your parents beat you! Who would've thought that!?" I heard the guy taunting. I was fuming.

"Oh my gosh! Look at Dan he's about to cry! I want to kill this guy!" I yelled staring at the Tv. I felt so bad for poor Dan.
"I know Phil." I heard Louise say, she wasn't happy either.

"I'm sorry but if that's the last question then I'm going to leave." Dan said so quietly, probably so he wouldn't break out crying. He got up and walked out.
"Say hi to the parents for me!" The guy laughed.

I stormed to the side of the stage. Dan came out looking beat up.
"Aww Dan." I said tearing up and giving him a huge hug. He was bawling on my shoulder and I was crying a little too. I felt so bad for him, and seeing him cry...

"It's ok. Want to sleep in my room tonight?" I asked gently.
"Yeah." He whispered. I was about to leave, when I saw the interviewer exit stage laughing.

"Hey you!" I yelled over to him. He looked over and smiled.
"Man no wonder you didn't want me to ask the question." He said. I let go of Dan and walked over.
"Yeah asshole, when somebody tells you to do something don't fucking do it, there's a reason." I was so mad, I wasn't holding back a single thing.
"Jeez calm down. I heard that your a 'sweet marshmallow that would never swear'." He put air quotes up as he said it.
"Yeah, well I told you not to ask that question and you still asked it. Of course I'm pissed." I scowled.
"Why, what is he crying?" He laughed.
"Yeah he is, you asshole."
"Ooh tell him to man up, coward." That's what pushed me over the edge.

Telling him, or anyone, to "man up" when they are crying, made me angrier than ever. First of all, most people are crying for a reason. Second of all, men cry too. And if they don't, they are no man. 

I went up to him and pulled my fist back. I punched, but right before I was gonna someone caught my arm. It was Dan.
"It's ok Phil let's go." His eyes were watery and he had purple bags under them.

I looked over to the guy who was flinching.
"Why don't you 'man up'." I took my arm back and walked with Dan outside the building.

He wrapped his arms around me.
"Thanks Phil." I heard him say muffled into my shirt.
"Anytime." I said smiling, he let go.

"I've never seen you so mad." He said grabbing my hand. 
"Yeah well, that guy's stupid." I frowned.
"Yeah, lets go home." We walked away from that building and never went back.