Not a One-Night Stand

Trigger warning: Smutty

Phil smiled as Dan's hand found his, Dan easily smiled back. Dan was so god damn beautiful, those soft brown eyes, those dimples, that laugh! So loud and happy, it was music to Phil's ears. He couldn't believe he got Dan to come back to his place. Phil walked into the bar with every intention of finding someone, but was completely surprised to find Dan.

Phil flirted with him all night. Dan told him over and over to shut up, that he wasn't into it, but the playful smile on his lips said otherwise. So, Phil kept going, telling him puns and awful pick up lines, sooner or later making Dan just laugh. Just laugh and laugh, Phil swore he fell in love with that laugh. After an hour of drinks, Dan finally agreed to go home with Phil.

Phil walked out of that bar with pride hammering his chest, completely triumphant. Even one night with Dan was more than enough for Phil- even if deep down he wished for more. He wanted to hear that laugh for the rest of his life, but this would have to do.

So, that's how Phil ended up pinned to his couch with a tongue down his throat- hard as hell. Dan was just so good. His lips were chapped, but so full and wet that the slight scratch now and then felt amazing. His tongue tasted like chocolate and mint, Phil's new favorite combination- and he didn't like mint all that much. One of Dan's hands were tangled in Phil's hair, pulling at just the right spots to make Phil sigh and groan. His other hand was pinning Phil's to the couch, fingers intertwined and his thumb was rubbing Phil's knuckles, something Phil found extremely pleasing and calming. His hips were moving enough to be turn Phil on, but not enough to get satisfaction.

The most interesting thing about this was the fact that Phil didn't want to escalate right away. He just wanted to sit there and make out with the random guy he found at the bar for hours. Usually he just wanted to get on with it, but with Dan... Dan was just so different and Phil didn't know why. They made their way to the bedroom slowly, not even bothering to part lips long enough to shed their clothing. Phil pulled Dan's waist along and once they got the bed Phil hovered over Dan, only leaving his mouth to leave sloppy kisses along his neck.

Phil just loved to kiss Dan. He wanted to take off his clothes so he could kiss everywhere. He wanted to worship Dan because Phil didn't even think he realized how beautiful he was. And for Dan this was a whole new experience, too. With anyone else this would cause him to be impatient. He usually just wanted satisfaction, especially after making out for almost a half an hour. But with Phil, he loved it. Phil could kiss every part of Dan's body twice and Dan would still let him keep going. This wasn't the quick fix he was used to, and he sort of liked it. Relationships were hard and irritating to Dan, but with Phil... he would be willing to try it, which is saying a lot. A look into those blue eyes and Dan would do anything for this guy who pestered him with awful pick up lines.

Neither of them knew what was happening, but as the night grew on, they didn't want it to stop. When Dan woke up in the morning, head still on Phil's chest, he was so close to just staying there. Sex couldn't get better then Phil, emotion couldn't get better then Phil, but Dan still got up. If Phil was the type of guy to pick people up at bars- the type of guy like Dan, then he was the type of guy that only wanted a one-night stand.

He stood through the pain in his lower back and threw on his clothes from last night. He looked at Phil laying there, god he was stunning even in the morning when he just woke up. It took everything in Dan to leave.

He walked back to the way he came. Out the door, down the hallway, to the escalator. Once he got downstairs though, he couldn't open the doors, they were locked. He noticed somebody was grabbing their mail as he tried for the fourth time to open the door.

"Excuse me?" He asked, he felt so awkward, he really wasn't the outgoing type of guy. The woman turned towards him. "Do you know why this door won't open?" Dan could feel the blush crawl up his neck, what a dumb question. Plus, he was realizing how awful he must look, he was carrying a bag and had hickeys up and down his neck, he was definitely succeeding the walk of shame right then.

"Oh, you didn't hear?" The woman didn't seem to notice. "There's a huge storm coming in. They're keeping people of the streets for today." Dan could feel his eyes widened.

"All day?" He asked urgently, she shrugged and walked away. Dan face palmed, what was he supposed to do now? a Walk back to Phil's apartment? Oh god, how embarrassing, he thought to himself. It seemed to be the only option though, so he made his way back.

Was Phil even awake? He imagined sitting outside his door waiting for the doors to finally open so he could leave. Forget succeeding in the walk of shame, he was the new definition of it. He knocked on the door and his heart just about dropped when it didn't opened. He sighed, just his luck. He sat down against it with a groan, unfortunately his phone was dead, leaving him nothing to do for hours.

Dan was thinking about going to another person's place just to ask for somewhere to hangout for a while when he fell backwards. "Dan?" Phil's voice sounded a mixture between confusion and amusement. Dan stood up and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey, Phil," He was about to laugh at the situation. "I'm sorry... but could I stay here for the day? Apparently there's a huge storm surge coming through, so they aren't letting people on the streets," Dan explained, his blush was back, and he realized Phil was blushing, too.

"Uh, yeah, of course," Phil looked at his feet and then back up. "Yeah, come on in," Phil shut the door behind Dan. Phil seemed lost in thought for a moment and realized that Dan was in an almost complete strangers home in clothes that were most likely dirty from last night. "Do you want to take a shower? I'm sure you must feel gross after last night," Dan nodded and Phil realized how rude that sounded. "I mean, not that you look gross!" He threw in quickly, Dan looked up and raised his eyebrows at him. "All I meant was that... well after I.. you know... I'm just saying in the morning... I um.. you know shower..." Phil babbled on, but stopped once he saw the smile that erupted on Dan's face. "What?" He asked.

Dan looked down at his shoes. "Nothing... I just remembered why I agreed to come home with you," He shrugged. "You're cute when you're nervous." He bit his lip and looked up to Phil, who was started to wear his own smile.

"Thanks," He laughed quietly. "Come on, I'll get you a change in clothes, too." And that's how it started. Dan took a much needed shower and got on a hoodie of Phil's along with a pair of sweatpants, he smiled, they smelt just like him. He walked into the kitchen and found Phil cooking something. He sat down at the breakfast bar and Phil set down the eggs he just made onto the plate in front of Dan.

"I hope you like eggs," He said rinsing off a few plates. "It's the only thing I really know how to make," He blushed. "Without burning the house down at least," He laughed at himself.

Dan nodded with a smile digging into the eggs, they were delicious. His smile grew at the nervous look on Phil's face. "They're great, Phil. Thank you," Dan reassured him. "After a night like that I needed it," He laughed to himself but his eyes widened once he realized that he just said that out loud. "Oh my god, sorry... I just-"

"It's fine," Phil's smile got wider. As he dug into his own plate of eggs. "I agree," He said, with a sneaky glint in his eye. That made Dan smile... those eyes made Dan smile. Everything about Phil made Dan smile.

And as Dan sat there and talked to Phil, learning random things about him and hearing tons of animal facts and stupid jokes, Dan couldn't help but be thankful that this storm blew in. He could easily get used to this, and without even saying it out loud, Phil agreed.