Australia

Set in: Australia, 2016 tour
*Phil's point of view*

The feather pillow felt like heaven against my head. Dan and I just got to our hotel after the flight and I almost ran to my room. I've never felt more tired in my life.

I couldn't, as hard as I tried, fall asleep on that damned plane. I pulled the duvet up and over my head and was enveloped in warmth.
"Mmmm," I hummed, I closed my eyes.

The familiar feeling of sleep washed over me. Everything went black and I was close to falling in a lovely sleep.
That is, until I heard someone knock on the door.

I was so warm and comfortable I pretended to be asleep. I'll be honest, I was begging that person to go away. Then I heard knocking again and sighed. I got up and opened the door. I wanted to be mad, who was knocking on my door at 2AM?

Standing in front of me was Dan. His curly brown hair was slightly disheveled and the bags under his brown eyes were quite noticeable. He had a pink blush on his face and was staring at his feet.
"Hey Phil," He said quietly. "Why are you still awake.. I didn't wake you up did I?" He looked up at me with wide eyes.
"Well, I was sleeping, but it's ok. What's up? Why are you up this late?" I asked rubbing my eyes. He hesitated.
"Never mind, it's nothing," He sighed.
"Dan, if it was nothing you wouldn't have knocked twice," I yawned.
"It's just.. I can't sleep." He shrugged. "I just don't like being... alone. Usually your room is  right next to me, but now I'm three rooms down."

I thought for a moment and then opened my door wider.
"Come on," I sighed. He walked in and sat on the bed.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm wide awake now. You hungry?" I asked.
"I could eat," He said.
"I'm going to order some pizza." I grabbed the hotel phone and ordered a pepperoni pizza and a coffee, it's not like we were sleeping anyway.

"You excited to preform tomorrow?" Dan asked after taking a bite of the slice in his hand.
"Yeah.. but I'm also really excited to meet the koala!" I said excitedly, that's something I'd been looking forward to ever since I found out we were going to Australia.
"Of course you are." Dan giggled and rolled his eyes. "I am a little scared of getting chlamydia though."
"First of all we won't get it. Second of all, they are so cute it will be worth it if we do," I smiled.
"Only you wouldn't care about getting diseases because there's a cute animal involved." He raised his eyebrows at me. I waved my hand in the air.
"We'll be fine."

Somehow we got on the topic of singing and we're singing a little bit of Toxic.
"Mmm baby can't you see," I sung, Dan stopped me.
"Nononono, you have to do it with more of a moan, bring out your sexual voice," Dan corrected me.
"Mmm baby can't you see," I tried again and we both started to laugh, it was helpless. Dan did the high pitched do do dododo's in the background.

"Jesus Dan, I think you broke the sound barrier with that voice." I plugged my ears. Dan pinched his nose and sighed.
"Phil, we've been over this so many times, you break the sound barrier when you go fast. You are such a spork." We laughed.
"Oh yeah.. why do you call me a spork anyway?" I wondered.
"I'll be honest, I have no idea," He smiled. "It's not as bad as that one time you called me a 'Friendly Elf.'" He raised his eyebrows up at me.
"You've called me a dildo before," I snorted, Dan broke out in laughter.
"I might start calling you that more because you're such a living flop," He smiled at me.

I narrowed my eyes at him, but my smile broke through. I couldn't help but laugh at the nicknames we call each other.
"Ooh, don't forget about rat!" Dan laughed.

We ended up finishing the pizza, laying down, and staring up at the ceiling.
"I wonder how many people have been in this very room," Dan said out loud.
"Do you think anyone famous has been here?" I asked, he snorted.
"I doubt it."
"I bet people have done romantic things on that bed," I said.
"Ew, Phil I don't want to think about that.. or what they left there." Dan gave me a horrified look. "I really hope they wash the sheets."
"What does that even mean?" I frowned, Dan gave me a pitiful look.
"You're almost thirty and you are so innocent," We both laughed.

I glanced at the clock, 4AM, I was starting to get tired.
"Dan, I think you should embrace the curls this year," I said when he came out of the bathroom, he frowned.
"What made you think of that?" He raised his eyebrows at me.
"Well, I was thinking about pigs, and then I thought about their tails, and then I thought about your curls," I glanced over at him.
"Did you really just compare my hobbit hair to a pig?" He asked.
"That, and it's starting to show a little, I like it," I smiled.
"Eh, maybe next year."

At about 5AM we finally laid down for bed. I didn't know if it was because we were tired, cold, or a mix of both, but when Dan nuzzled into my chest, I didn't even care.

I rubbed his back with one hand and ran my fingers through his hair with the other hand. I kissed him on the forehead.
"Thanks Phil," Dan whispered.
"For what?" I whispered back, he thought for a moment.
"For everything," He responded, I teared up a little at that. I thought about my next words.
"Dan, is it bad that I'm falling in love with you?" I asked.
"It would be, but I'm falling in love with you too," He said.

With that, we slept a little closer, and fell a little harder.