3 AM

*Dans point of view*

The glow in the kitchen was faint, although, I wasn't really paying attention to the light. I wasn't really paying attention to the soft music in the background either.

I was paying attention to the fact Phil was humming along to the music. The fact that his arms were wrapped snugly around my waist, or the fact that mine were around his neck.

I wasn't at all paying attention the fact that we were in pajama pants and t-shirts, or the fact that it was cold in our apartment. I was paying attention to the fact that Phil's body was radiating heat like a ray of sunshine. Or that his head was laying on my shoulder and mine was buried in his neck.

We glided around the room listening to the light music mixed with each other's heartbeats. Why were we dancing at 3 AM in our pajamas?  All I knew was I could feel my eyelids getting heavy, which was a nice feeling after the long night I'd been having.

I also knew that Phil was getting tired, his movements were getting sloppier, his humming was getting quieter, and his heartbeat was getting slower.

I could say that I needed a distraction, and Phil completely brought it. Some nights are harder than others, this happened to be one of them. I could, of course, be laying in bed alone, or maybe cuddling Phil, but I didn't want that. That's the thing about dating Phil. It wasn't laying in bed, him talking and hanging out with me. It was about him yanking me out of bed with a smile on his face saying, "Let's dance." Having him here helped out more than anything.

Right now, Phil was my support. And not because I was literally leaning on him, but because he's the only one I know that would dance with me at 3 AM. He's the only one that will stick with me always, help me up when I fall. The thing about dancing though, you need a partner. Although your leaning on them, they're leaning on you too. Cause I'm Phil's balance. Balance and support go hand in hand, I think. You can't balance something without supporting it up, otherwise, what's balance balancing on? Nothing. And without the support, there isn't perfect balance, something Phil and I have got.

We've got this whole balance vs. support thing down, we know how it works. There's no Dan without a Phil, and no Phil without a Dan. This is what I thought about as Phil span me around.

Phil's my support, he holds everything up, wether that everything is my spirt or when I'm too tired to stay upright.
I'm his balance, I keep him from falling, wether that's to stop him from falling off the couch or so he won't step on my feet.

Why were we dancing at 3 AM in our pajamas? Cause we loved each other, that's why.