Behind the Mask Pt. 2

*Dan's point of view*

He didn't say anything, he just sat there, pinned up and stared. Suddenly, realization hit me and I smiled. "You know me, don't you?" I wanted to laugh. "Who am I to you?" I thought for a minute. "Are you that guy I gave my seat up to on the tube? Or.. or that one mailman that gives me the papers every morning? Or how about-"

"No!" His voice sounded weak, maybe offended, but he was loud and clear. "I'm your husband," He whispered. I frowned and took a step back to gain balance, I suddenly felt extremely dizzy. I repeated his words in my head on focused on one, husband.

"I don't..." I tried to pass off a casual laugh, but it came out a lot more nervous than I intended. I cleared my throat. "I don't have a husband."
"Yes you do. Your name is Daniel James Howell-Lester, you're married to Philip Michael-" I ran forward and pushed my arm to his throat.

"What did you do to him?" I shouted, he let out a staggered breath. "I swear to God, if you touched a hair on his head." I gritted my teeth and pressed harder.
"Dan... it's me," His strained voice was ringing in my ears, and I didn't like it.
"No." I shook my head. "It's not. Who are you and what did you do to Phil?!" I shouted.
"Take.. off.. my mask," He choked out.

"Not until you tell me what you did to Phil!" I punched him in the jaw. I didn't know who this guy was, but he was going to tell me where my husband was.
"I am Phil!" He exclaimed.. or at least tried to with my hand over his neck.
"Phil Lester is a writer.." I narrowed my eyes, tears threatened to fall. I gritted my teeth and ignored them. "My husband... is a writer... plain and simple. He goes to work and comes home... he's definitely not you. So who are you?!" I squeezed my hand around his throat tighter.

"Just-" He heaved for breaths. "Take off my mask.. please," He gasped.
"Why should I-"
"Take off my mask you stubborn ass!" I was actually taken aback for a minute. I almost wanted to laugh, but I remembered why I was so mad in the first place. I figured better now than never though, so I let go of his throat. He gasped for air. "Please."

I sighed and took off his mask. He said it was him, he said that he was Phil Lester, he told me that he was my husband, but I didn't believe him. When I took off that mask and saw his bright blue eyes and his messy black hair, I just about fell down. "No... you can't be..." I felt like my tongue was too big for my mouth. How could this have possibly happened?!

I looked up at the top of his head. His usually perfect quiff was uncharacteristically messy. His eyes had a tired look to them. Their blue wasn't as bright as they were supposed to be. His right cheekbone had a large bruise on it from where I punched him and his throat had red marks around them in the shape of fingers. I held his cheek in my hand and couldn't help the tears that escaped my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I whispered as I ran my thumb over the bruise. "I'm so sorry, I never wanted to hurt you. Ever," I hung my head in shame.
"It's ok," He reassured. "I've been beat up hundreds of times," He joked, but I could tell by his raspy voice he was in pain. "Wanna let me out?" He asked clenching and unclenching his fingers into fists.

"Oh yeah," I almost laughed as I started to unlock his binds, but then I stopped. I looked up into his blue eyes and then walked away. "I can't," I cleared my throat.
"What?" Phil asked from behind.
"Phil.. I... I can't," I sighed.
"Why not?" I could almost hear the confused look on his face. "Dan?" He whispered.
"Because if I don't then I won't finish my mission." I picked up the bomb in my hands and turned to face Phil.

"Dan.. you don't have to do this," Phil said looking from the bomb in my hand to me. "We can walk away from this. We can stop everything. It can just be-"
"Stop!" I snapped at him, his eyes widened. I couldn't let him distract me. "No we can't. You will, but the day that I'll be able to walk alway from this will be the day I'm dead. Whether my death is by bullets or old age... it's the only way out for me." I went back perfecting the bomb.