"Will you be my Prince?" Pt. 5

Dan took a deep breath. He stood at the aisle, ready to walk down. He was no longer nervous about marrying Phil. Throughout the week he realized he really did love him. The only thing Dan was nervous about was the hundreds of people watching him walk down the aisle.

Lisa brushed the back of his white tux off.
"You look great," She said fixing his hair a little. Dan smiled brightly.
"Thanks, so do you," He hooked his arm with hers. She was going to walk him down the aisle. His mother nor father were here (which he was glad about), so he asked Lisa. She, of course, said yes. She had been helping Phil secretly take care of Dan for years, she felt like the mother he always wanted.

Dan glanced behind him and saw the guards blocking the door, he rolled his eyes.
"You really don't trust me? I would never walk out on Phil... or at least I wouldn't anymore," Dan said, the doors in front of him started to open. They started to walk forward.
"No, I trust you. They always stand there for royal weddings. If you did walk out... you wouldn't be the first," Lisa smirked.
"Damn," Dan laughed quietly. They were about halfway down the aisle and both had matching smiles. Lisa elbowed him in the rib.
"What did I tell you about the swearing?!" She whisper-yelled. "Kings don't swear!"
"Yeah, yeah," This definitely wasn't the first time Dan had this talk with Lisa.

The got to the end of the aisle and it was like everything stopped. It was like everything around both Dan and Phil blurred and all they could focus on was each other. All Dan could focus on was the way Phil's blue eyes shone with love. They shone as bright as the sun, so bright he barely noticed the black tux he wore. All Phil could focus on was the way Dan's smile was wide and unhidden. When Phil first met Dan, he refused to smile. Here it was though, a smile so huge it was more noticeable than the whole crowd of guests.

Dan walked up and Phil grabbed his hands. The priest started to talk, but neither of them noticed. All they could think about was how great this moment was. They repeated the prepared vows and then heard the five wonderful words. "You may kiss the groom."

"Will you be my Prince?" Phil whispered as they both started to lean in.
"I'd love to be," Dan answered as their lips connected. More than half the crowd cheered, Lisa cheering louder than everyone. They pulled away with bright smiles. They were officially married.

*One year later*

"They did it!" Dan jumped into Phil's arms as he cried tears of joy.
"Oh my god! I'm so proud of you!" Phil spun Dan around and then gave him a peck on the lips. Dan's brown eyes shone into Phil's blue ones. "I told you you'd be a great King," Phil smirked at his husband.
"Shut up," Dan rolled his eyes.

It had been a year since they've gotten married, they were now King Philip and King Daniel. Phil's father had died a few months prior. Now that Dan was King, his first order of business was to help the children like him. He was never the only kid in the village trying to sell things to get dinner. He wasn't the only kid who was abused. He definitely wasn't the only kid who didn't want to go home.

That was the first thing he changed. He created a Social Services office in town. They would walk around streets and find these kids in terrible living conditions. The ones who were abused and hated by their parents, were taken to a much better place. The ones who's parents were trying their very best, would get as much help as possible.

The second thing he crated was an orphanage. There was a large percent of kids who died in this village because of abandonment. There were a lot of woman that died too. A lot of woman not ready to have children.

That was the law that was now passed. To help who needed help.

Phil grabbed Dan's hand as they walked to the orphanage. One day, they would need someone to take over their throne. Because they couldn't conceive a child, they were going to adopt. It was a little strange for Dan to realize he was going to become a father at the age of eighteen, but with Phil, it was worth it.

They walked around the rooms and Dan spotted the boy. He had curly brown hair and brown eyes, just like Dan.
"Look at him," Dan pointed towards the young boy. The young boy didn't acknowledge what was happening. He was busy fidgeting with the small toy in his hand.
"He looks a lot like you," Phil remarked. "He's perfect," Phil smiled and walked towards him.

"Hi," Phil crouched down. The young boy looked up, you could tell in his eyes he had been through a lot. "I'm King Philip, but everyone calls me Phil," Phil's voice was gentle, this wasn't the first time he'd talked to a child that's been through a lot.
"And I'm his husband, Dan," Dan crouched down next to Phil. "What's your name?"

The little boy didn't answer, he seemed scared.
"It's ok, you don't have to talk," Dan smiled. 
"We'd like to adopt you, would you like that?" Phil asked. The little boy looked up and slowly started to nod. "Good, now we'll be right back."

The woman looking after the children in the orphanage walked towards him.
"Would you like to adopt him?" She smiled.
"Yes," Phil answered. They didn't know much about him, but they figured they'd learn more as they went along. "What's his story?" They sat down, she sighed. 

"He was abused," She started. Phil grabbed Dan's hand, he knew this was a sensitive subject for him. "He was forced to sell items for his family and if he didn't, he wouldn't be allowed dinner. Poor boy," She sighed. The story brought flashbacks rushing to Dan's head. The same thing happened to him.
"What's his name?" Dan asked.
"Adrian Howell," The woman got up.

Dan's heart just about dropped. His eyes widened. He looked back at the boy and then to the lady. Phil's eyes widened too.
"Excuse me ma'am.. did you um.. did you say Howell?" Phil asked.
"Yup, would you still like to adopt him?" The woman asked collecting papers.
"Give us a minute," Phil brought Dan outside.

"You ok Dan?" Phil whispered.
"I can't believe they had another kid. I can't believe they put him through the exact same fucking thing they put me through," Dan's teeth clenched. "That's.. that's fucked up. If I would have been there.. I could've prevented that," Dan started to tear up. Phil pulled him into a hug.

"Dan, you can't blame yourself for that," Phil whispered. There was silence. "We can still help him too," Phil said gently. Dan looked up at him. "We could adopt him. You could help him. Plus, it'd be a blood heir to the throne, that's a plus," Phil smiled.
"We're about to adopt my little brother... that I didn't even know I had," Dan whispered.

"You know what though?" Dan laughed.
"What?" Phil tilted his head.
"As weird as it is, let's do it."

With that, Dan and Phil got their first child of five, and someday, they'd tell Adrian the truth. Until then, Adrian was just going to be their "son" in a strange way.

——————————-

Thank you Axellnicorn for the idea of this chapter!