2AM... What the Hell

*Dan's point of view*

"God damnit," I groaned. I couldn't sleep for the tenth night in a row. I had gotten two hours, but I really wished I could've gotten, I don't know, maybe a few more. I went on my phone to see if there was something to help my insomnia. There were doctors I could call, things I could eat and things I could drink.

I decided to go for chamomile tea. I didn't think I had actual insomnia. I just have depression and I'm having trouble sleeping. At least, that's what I was telling myself. Whatever, I have an appointment with my therapist soon, I'll talk to her.

I walked to my kitchen, but when I turned on the light I almost fell over. A random person was sitting on my floor eating cookies (which I knew for sure I didn't have), surrounded by bags. He was wearing nice clothes and had a bad cut on his forehead and a bruise on his eye. The longer I looked at him, I realized who this guy was. His name was Phil Lester, he was my neighbor. I never talked to him, but I did smile at him time to time. He lived with some boy, he never even glanced my way though.

"Dan... I can explain," He said, his eyes wide. I couldn't shut my mouth that was gaping wide open. Sure, I knew who this guy was, but we had never talked before.

"I hope so," I huffed a laugh. I don't know if it was because I was sleep deprived or what, but I got up and started to make my tea. "Tea?" I offered, he shook his head. I started the kettle and turned to Phil, who still sat on the ground. "Well?"

"My boyfriend kicked me out," He sighed. "We got in a really big fight. I had no where to go," He shrugged. I glanced to all his bags, nodded and poured my tea into a mug. I decided to sit down across from him as I took a sip. "I'm really sorry, I just needed a place to stay," He sighed and rested his head on the cabinet behind him.

God, this was wrong. This was so wrong. I knew nothing about this guy. He could be a fucking murderer for all I know. He could've killed his girlfriend and showed up here for a place to stay. But he looked sad and so tired. He looked beat (maybe literally) and seemed like he just needed somewhere to spend the night. He looked nice and he always said hi to me when I saw him, so why not let him crash for the night?

"It's alright... I guess. What was the fight about?" I asked.

"Well, it all started when he cheated on me. That was two weeks ago. Ever since then we've been trying to get over it. Tonight, I made a really nice dinner," He gestured at his clothes. "But then he brought the guy he cheated on me with to our place because I wasn't supposed to be home, then we got in a fight about how I work too much... cookie?" He offered, I shrugged and took one. "And then me and the guy got in a fight and well... I lost," He laughed quietly.

"That looks pretty bad," I said glancing at his cut. He shrugged, but nodded in agreement. "Stay there." I got up and grabbed a first aid kit and cloth. I got the cloth wet and sat down next to him.

"How you feeling?" I asked as I dabbed the cut lightly. He did just go through a breakup, and if he came to his neighbor that he barely knew I figured he was lonely.

"Like this cut hurts," He winced. I rolled my eyes and started to put some ointment on it.

"I mean about the guy," I said as I got out a bandage. "Do you miss him?" I asked gently.

He looked down at his lap and sighed. "Do you have anything to drink?" He asked. I put the bandage on his head and stood up. I grabbed the bottle of whiskey I had in the cupboards, grabbed both of us a glass and gave it to him. He down it with a satisfied nod. I poured mine into my tea and sat down by him.

"So, do you?" I asked now that he had at least a little bit of alcohol in his system. He grabbed the bottle and poured himself some more. He downed that, too.

"Yeah," He whispered. "I met him a few months ago. I live hours from here, but he convinced me to move here for him. I did and now... this... it's just one thing after another. He said to leave and take my stuff, all I had was a few bags," He sighed. "Well, and the cookies," He smirked and took another one.

"I'm sorry he did that to you," I apologized.

"Yeah, well, what can you do?" He looked at me and shrugged. "It's over now." I nodded and took the final sip of my tea. "What's up with you, then?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"You're up at 2AM, you didn't really question a random guy in your flat, and you're drinking Chamomile Tea," Phil pointed out. "Can't sleep?" He asked.

"Yeah... it's a side effect, I guess," I sighed.

"Of?" His eyes looked genuinely concerned. Maybe that's what made me answer.

"I have depression," I nodded and looked at my hands. He grabbed my glass and his and filled it with another drink. He held out his glass.

"Well, one guy that got beat up by his boyfriend's side dude and another that has insomnia and depression," He raised his glass with a smile. "Sounds like we'll be great friends."

"I'll drink to that," I smirked and clinked the glasses together.

By the end of the night we were drunk off our asses. He were laughing and talking like we had been friends for years. Plus, this guy was an amazing flirt when drunk. I found myself telling this guy everything about me, he was just intoxicating. I don't even know when we decided to head to sleep, but by the time we did the sun was starting to come up.

We stood up and he followed me to my room. "What do you think you're doing?" I narrowed my eyes at him. He smirked and stood closer.

"Oh, come on, flirting all night and now you want me to leave?" He tilted his head with a smile.

"Well, I apologize for having some dignity," I rolled my eyes.

"Dignity shmignity, I now you want me," He gave me probably the cheesiest smile he could muster.

"Oh, it'll take a lot more than a few awful pick up lines, a bottle of whiskey, and a tragic breakup story to get in my pants," I challenged him.

"Yeah, you deserve more than that," His smile was peculiarly genuine. "I should probably get going anyway, I need to go find a hotel. Hope to see you around." He nodded and started to walk away. I grabbed his hand before he could go, which earned a questionable look from him.

"Why would you need that?" I asked. That just made his questionable look increase. I couldn't stop the impulse to lean forward and plant a kiss on those lips. And, although he had been taking the lead all night, he let me control the kiss and when it ended and if there would be more. "Why would you need a hotel room if there's a perfectly nice sofa in my living area?" I smirked.

He smiled and nodded. "That is true." He walked off and this time I didn't stop him. "Thank you. Good night, Howell," he turned around with a smug on his face, waiting to see what I'd say.

"Night, Lester." I rolled my eyes and went to my bed, cheeky bastard. I even got a full nights sleep- such a rare thing.