"Take what's yours and leave!"

*Dans point of view*

Just a few weeks ago I went on holiday. Gone for a week, stayed for a day.
Then another surprise work holiday. Another week.
I stayed home for two days and they called me for work for another two weeks.
I came home and Phil was happy... or at least he said he was.

But now we were sitting on the couch and Phil wasn't talking. Phil is the kind of person who gives you the silent treatment in a fight, I'm the one who raises my voice and slams doors.

"Phil?" I asked, slightly leaning by him.
"Hm." He said, but it didn't sound polite.
"Are you... mad at me?" He shrugged, dread settled over me. That shrug didn't mean I don't know, it was my answer. He was furious.
"Why?" I whispered.
"Never mind." He said.

He got up and went into the kitchen.

I racked my brain trying to think of all the things I've done wrong recently.
"Is it because I haven't been home at all this month?" I winced. He walked back in and I could see the hatred and sadness in his eyes.
"I don't know Dan, what do you think?" He set down his drink and crossed his arms. I got up and started to walk over to him. I reached out.
"Phil I-"
"Don't touch me." He pulled his arm away, it was like he was warning me.

I pulled back. "Talk to me." I said.
"Ok I'll talk to you Dan. You've been gone three weeks in a row! Three weeks! I've been alone. And when you're home you just have to work more. And when you aren't working you're texting. And when you aren't doing any of that, you talk. You talk and talk. All about how much fun you had in each place. But do you know what you never say? I never heard you say that you missed me. Not once. How's that for talking to you?!" Phil was raising his voice, that's when I knew I really messed up.
"I... I'm sorry Phil. It's just... I didn't say I miss you because I watched your videos every night. I just didn't want to admit it." Phil's expression softened a little.

"Next time I'll bring you with if you want?"
"No Dan, I don't want me or you to leave, why can't you stay here? What, are you cheating on me or something?"
"No Phil, of course I'm not! Why would you even think that?!"
"I don't even know what to believe anymore!"
"I'm not cheating on you I promise!"
"Then why do you keep having to leave. You know what, why don't you do it again?!"
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Take what's yours and leave! I need to think this through." He said crying a little.

My mouth was open. I just couldn't believe that Phil was that mad. He's never asked me to leave. I didn't even know where to go.

"What?" I asked in disbelief.
"Take what's yours and leave Dan."

I walked towards him but he backed up a little. I quickly reached over and grabbed him. I picked him up and started to walk to the door.
"Dan! What are you doing?" He asked trying not to laugh.
"You said take what's yours and leave." I said putting him down. "So you have to come with me... cause you're mine Phil." He still had tears down his cheeks.
"Dan you're making it really hard for me to hate you right now." He laughed sadly.
"So don't, and I won't leave again." He gave me a smile and a few more tears dripped down his face. He walked over and buried his face into my shoulder.
"Ok." I heard him whisper. "Ok."

"Where do me and my stuff have to go?" I asked setting my head on his head.
"I guess you can stay, cause I don't want to leave either."