Ended With A Crash

*Phils point of view*

There are times when you say I love you so often, it's a habit. You can say it so much that it spouts out before you even think about your next words. But I just had a thought, what if, despite all these things, I didn't say it enough?

When you're sitting in a waiting room, constantly wondering if the person you love died, you wish you could've said it one more time.

Hearing a call that that person got in a terrible car crash is one of the scariest things I've ever encountered. Or maybe it's when you show up there balling your eyes out, and you can't even see him. Is he really alive? All you know is that the next time you see their body.. it might be a dead one.

When that girl and that guy in blue come out with a clipboard and call out "Daniel Howell-Lester" you're the first one to stand up.
Before your family, or even his own.
You almost sprint o those people hoping for good news, cause could you bear bad news?

You're the happiest you've ever been when they tell you he lived, then you hear "..but..." and you worry. You worry he might not be able to walk again, or feed himself or maybe he lost his right hand.
What you don't expect them to say is that the windshield hit his brain in just the right spot, where he forgot what's most important to him.
You never in a million years expect them to say he forgot you.

I remember hearing those words and falling to the ground, right in front of the guy and girl in blue. I fell right to my knees as my whole body shook.
He forgot me.

When your family and closest friends crowd around you wondering what the news was, they don't think twice before they look at you.

None of them truly knew the truth though, I was breaking inside. There wasn't even tears falling down my face, all I could hear was my barely pulsing heartbeat.
I felt numb.

I remember waiting in that very room for three days and two nights straight before plucking up the courage to even see him. I would hear stories from everyone on how he looked, but they didn't dare talk about how different he acted. They barely talked about how he remembered all of them, but not me.

I took a shaky breath and walked into the room. I heard the sound of the heartbeat monitors before I saw them. I bit my lip as I looked up.
There he was.

The same old Dan I knew and loved. His curly brown hair was messier than ever and his skin was still the usual light tan. I looked at his chapped lips, those lips that used to kiss me awake. Would they ever do that again? It sickened me to see a bandage running across his forehead. I resisted the urge to sprint to the bathroom and throw up thinking about the situation.

Louise was sitting next to Dan, he remembers her a little bit. His brown eyes shown and his dimples popped as I became noticed.
"Oh.. you must be... Phil? Louise was telling me a little about you." He said a little confused. I swallowed hard. I told Louise to let him know that I was his best friend and that I was his roommate.
I stopped at that.

"Are you ok? You look sick." Dan pointed out, it was true, I felt dizzy. I felt like my tongue was trying to force its way out of my mouth.
"Um.. I'll be right back Dan, ok? I think he needs some fresh air." Louise got up and pulled me outside, there it was again, I felt numb.

I looked off into the distance and bit my lip. I felt Louise grab my hand.
"Look at me." She whispered, I looked down to see her blue eyes peering into mine. "He gets out today, he could stay at mine for a while.. his mum said he could stay with her too." I shook my head.
"I thought he was dead Louise, I thought he'd never walk into our home again. I want him back there more than anything. I need him back I-" My voice cracked and I inhaled sharply. She squeezed my hand. "I want him to remember me." I whispered.