Rewrite the Stars~ Greatest Showman

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
I know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied
You claim it's not in the cards
Fate is pulling you miles away
And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?
*Time set: Winter Time*

Dan couldn't move. Phil's words rang in his head. I love you, Dan. I love you more than a friend should. He looked up at Phil's nervous face. Phil walked to him and grabbed his hands. Dan swallowed hard as he looked into Phil's blue eyes. It wasn't long before Phil leaned in. Dan kissed back immediately. He took in Phil's lips. They were soft and plump, like he always imagined they would be.

At first the kiss was short and there wasn't much in it. It only took a few seconds for that to change. It wasn't long before Phil's tongue was parting Dan's lips. Their hands grew desperate, grabbing each other's faces. Their kisses grew desperate, they just wanted to kiss each other until they couldn't kiss anymore.

"So, what do you say?" Phil whispered, against Dan's lips. Dan paused, assessing the situation. He thought of Phil's words. He didn't even know what to say to that. He stared into Phil's eyes. He couldn't even think with Phil's perfect lips a centimeter away. "Will you be my boyfriend?" He smiled.

Boyfriend. The word repeated itself in Dan's head. Phil Lester's boyfriend. He loved the sound of that. AmazingPhil's boyfriend. He hated the sound of that. He imagined how many people would know. How many people would make videos about it. How many people would comment about it. Tweet about it. Edits everywhere you looked on Tumblr. Posts all over Instagram. Messages on Facebook. They'd be everywhere, and their relationship would do nothing but blow up in their faces.

Suddenly, Dan backed away. He let go of Phil's hands and stared at Phil's blue eyes. They were worried, probably at Dan's scared look.
"No," Dan whispered.

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight

Phil was stunned. He was beyond confused. He knew he wasn't Prince Charming or anything, but he though Dan and him had an undeniable connection the second they met. The kissing just made him more confused. Dan was so into it, he could feel that Dan was into it. Phil distinctly remembered the way Dan clung to him like his life depended on it. So why was he turning him down?

"I'm sorry," Phil didn't even realize he looked down. Once he looked up, he was immediately hit by the fact that Dan was crying. Phil wanted to say something. Anything to comfort Dan. He just couldn't. He couldn't do anything. He couldn't even move to hug Dan. Dan just stood there bawling his eyes out. "I just.. I can't," Dan was heaving breaths, trying to remember to breath. "It'll be forced.. and-" Dan couldn't do it, he was leaning against the wall now.

"Dan.. Dan it's.. it's-" Phil's words were finally coming out of his mouth now. He thought this would make Dan feel better. But Phil was wrong. Phil was dead wrong.
"Stop it! Just.. just... Why'd you have to say anything?!" Dan's hands balled to fists and then ran through his hair. He didn't know if he wanted to punch a wall or to fall down crying.
"You needed to know how I felt. I thought you felt the same way," Phil sighed. He felt terrible, he shouldn't have said anything.