"You're ruining my life."

*Phil's point of view*

Dan entered through the doorway, he just came back from holiday. It's been two weeks since I've last seen him, I was happy to say the least.
He wasn't.

And when I say he entered the doorway that's not entirely true.
He stormed through the doorway.

Dan plopped down on the couch with his arms crossed. He stared off with an angry look. I wondered if he was somehow forced to leave a week early, I knew he wasn't supposed to be here yet. Was that why he was mad?
"Well that was dramatic." I smiled sitting next to him. He slowly turned to look at me and scowled. He turned back around.
"Are you mad at me?" I frowned, he still didn't respond. "Are you happy to be home?" I asked trying to lighten his mood a little.
"No." He narrowed his eyes, what was he even staring at?
"Did you enjoy it a lot then?" I asked, he went to America for a little while.
"I would've enjoyed it." He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Well.. why didn't you?" I frowned again.
"You know very well why." He pursed his lips.
"I do?" I asked, I tried to rack my brain of all the things I could've done to ruin his holiday.
"Yup." He stood up. I thought some more in my seat. I had no idea what he was talking about. I got up and followed him to the kitchen.

"So you didn't enjoy the trip.. but you're not happy to be home?" I frowned. "I'm confused."
"It's because you ruined it!" He jabbed his finger into my chest.
"I wasn't even there!" I shouted, how could I have ruined it if he didn't even see me? He sat down at the table and put his head in his arms.

"You know what Phil Lester? You're ruining my life." I heard his muffled voice say.
"What... how?" I questioned sitting next to him. He looked up.
"Because I'm falling in love with you." He scowled.
"You... you what?!" My eyes widened.
"Well, actually I've been falling in love with you for a long time now." He gave me a mad look.
"I.. really?" I glanced at his face trying to look for signs of all this being a joke, but he was completely serious.

"Yeah." He shrugged. "It happened pretty much the second day I got there. I went to the store and just happened to walk by a ring display. There was a guy there looking through them and talking to the clerk lady." He hesitated. "I started to listen-which I know is a jerk move-and he started talking about how he wanted to propose to his boyfriend." I watched as a small smile popped up on his face. "He had doubts though, he was scared to do it, he thought he'd say or no something. He was also scared it was too early for it. He went to the clerk lady and told her his situation." He thought for a moment. "So she said, 'Can I ask you three questions?' And he nodded. The first one she asked was, 'What do you think about when you wake up in the morning and when you go to bed at night?' So I started to think also. I was really surprised when your name popped into my head. The guy said his boyfriend's name. Then she asked 'What's the thing you look forward to the most at the end of the day?' Again, he said his boyfriend, and again.. I thought of you. 'Do you trust him, have faith in him care about him, need him, protect him and can't lose him?' I couldn't help but think yes, which is what the guy said too. Then she finished with these words, 'Then you love him.'" He sighed. "That wouldn't be that bad... but that's all I could think about. All I could think about was you, and how... in love I am. And it's life ruining to know you don't love me back." Dan looked on the verge of tears.

"Who says I don't?" I whispered, he looked up at me, and gave me a sad smile.
"It's ok Phil, you don't have to pity me." I could see a tear fall down his cheek. "You've done it before." He said it so quietly I barely heard it.
"What? I.. Dan I've never.. pitied you." I frowned. "When did I.." I trailed off. He rolled his eyes and wiped his tear off his cheek.
"Never mind, I shouldn't have said anything anyway." He got up and stared to walk down our hallway. I had to think quickly.

"Dan! Wait!" I jumped up and sprinted towards him. I stopped in front of him.
"Phil it's-" I interrupted him my slamming my lips against his. He kissed back almost right away. I never knew how much I wanted this until now. I reached up and put my arms around his neck moving in closer. I could feel his arms hovering over my torso and then finally resting around my waist.

I pulled away and wiped a tear from his eye.
"I'm sorry for ruining your holiday. Maybe I can make up for if by taking you out for a date?" I smiled.
"You already made up for it." He smiled leaning in for another kiss.