Homophobes

*Dan's point of view*

Phil and I were walking together on the abnormally sunny day.  I know, strange. Both the fact that we were outside and that it was sunny.

We were having small talk and occasionally our hands would bump, you know typical friendly walk. Then, all of the sudden we heard chanting.
"No more! No more!"

Phil and I looked over and there was a huge group of angry people, standing outside the church. About half of them had signs reading things like, no more gays! Keep the gays out! Gays are against god!

All of them had different things, but they were all against gays.
"Homophobes." I heard Phil scowl next to me.

I was about to keep walking, I really was, but then I stopped. I just... couldn't keep walking. I had a great idea. Phil walked a little and then stopped too.
"Why'd you stop?" He asked frowning.
"We should kiss." I said, a wicked smile on my face.
"What? Right now?" Phil had a confused look along with a bright red blush.
"No, in front of the homophobes."
"Don't you think that'd be... weird?" He asked looking down at his feet.
"Maybe... but somebody needs to stand up to them... want to?" Phil looked up and started to walk towards the angry group. I took that as a yes and followed.

"Hey! Would you like to join? You can even make a sign inside... or you can sign our petition." A guy with glasses and a clipboard asked perkily. I put on a smile, to seem interested.
"What's the petition for?"
"For gays to no longer be allowed in church." He said smiling.
"And if I sign that would make what... 52?" I asked looking at all the signatures.
"And if I did too, 53?" Phil threw in also looking.
"Yup! We need 100!"

"Um actually we would like to support it another way... to the whole group!" I said smiling at Phil, who gave a coy smile back.
"Ok, everybody listen up, these guys would like to say something!" He yelled to the others, they all stopped chanting and looked over at us, everyone was smiling.

I looked at Phil. "Ready?" I whispered.
"Yup." He whispered back, smiling and blushing at the same time. That's when I leaned in.

Our lips locked together and it wasn't awkward at all. It was the opposite, it was almost... natural. It was amazing, I didn't even want to end it, and I wouldn't have if there wasn't a huge crowd standing next to us.

I backed away and Phil almost fell over trying to make the kiss keep going. I grabbed his arms to keep him from falling. He smiled up at me and I smiled down at him.

I slowly looked away from him and over to the crowd. Most of which had their mouths and eyes wide open, they were no longer smiling. 
"How dare-" Phil cut the man in front of me off.

"That's all we would like to say." Phil said giving a little solute.
"And a big fuck you!" I said flipping them off with a bright smile on my face. After all their faces turned red with anger, I grabbed Phil's hand and we sprinted off, laughing like little kids, not letting go and kissing a lot more.