Sick of Losing Soulmates~ Dodie

*Dan's point of view*
What a strange being you are, God knows where I'd be
If you hadn't found me, sitting all alone in the dark
A dumb screenshot of youth
Watch how a cold broken teen
Will desperately lean upon a superglued human of proof

I stared at his face on my phone. His eyes were a sky blue and a bright yellow. Two beautiful and happy colors. Although, if you looked closely, it was like there was a lie throughout them. What people never realize about his eyes were the dark blue edges. His eyes were like the ocean. At first you see the clear blue water and the sun shining on the sand. However, if you looked at the ocean, if you truly looked, it's a dark blue. When you look at the miles upon miles of water, the color you'll see isn't the bright beginning, but the dark and painful end.

Those were the same eyes that found me when I was drowning. I was all alone without light, but the bright yellow and blue found me. They saved me. It was now, and only now, that I realized the dark blue. His beautiful eyes used to fill me with life. Now, they haunted me.

What the hell would I be without you? (what the hell would I be?)
Brave face talk so lightly, hide the truth (hide the truth)

"Sir?" I glanced up at the man who was driving me. "We're here." He nodded at the building.
"Thanks," I smiled and handed him the money I owed. I got out of the taxi and walked through the large doors. I walked straight to the bar. The bartender came up to me.

"A beer please," I ordered. He came back seconds later with the drink in his hand. Minutes later, he was back. With a new one. I downed every one. I felt overwhelmed. I knew this wasn't the only way out, but it definitely helped. I smiled and talked to a few people around me as I drank. My problems going away wouldn't last long, but that's ok.

Cause I'm sick of losing soulmates
So where do we begin?
I can finally see, you're as fucked up as me
So how do we win?
Yeah, I'm sick of losing soulmates
Won't be alone again
I can finally see, you're as fucked up as me
So how do we win?

"Honey, I'm home!" I shouted as I walked through the door. Phil immediately came running to the door. He looked worried.
"Thank god! I was worried sick! Where the hell were you?!" He hit me on the shoulder.
"Ow!" I whined and rubbed the spot he hit, he frowned. "That wasn't very nice," I said sadly.

"Dan, I'm so sorry. I know what I did was bad, and I feel terrible-"
"Kiss me," I smiled and leaned in.
"What?" Phil pushed my face away. "You're not mad at me anymore?" He questioned.
"Why would I be mad?" I giggled. He looked confused. He paused, and his face flushed with understanding.

"Dan, you didn't," He tilted his head at me.
"I didn't what?" I asked suggestively.
"Oh my god, you got drunk?" He gave an exasperated sigh.
"Maybe," I said stretching out the a."Kiss me," I said again as I leaned in. Phil, again, pushed my face away.
"No." He rolled his eyes.
"Why not?" I pouted.
"Because Sober Dan really doesn't like me at the moment," He bit his lip.
"But Drunk Dan does," I smiled.
"Come on." He took my hand and started to walk through the house. "Let's get you to bed."

We will grow old as friends, I've promised that before
So what's one more?
In our grey-haired circle, waiting for the end
Time and hearts will wear us thin
So which path will you take, cause we both know a break
Does exactly what it says on the tin