Happy Anniversary

*Phil's point of view*

Clank
The sound Dan and I's wine glasses rang through my ears. We both took a small sip of the sweet red liquid.

I put my hand across the table and Dan lightly placed his on top of mine. He rubbed my wedding ring as he smiled at me.

"Happy 2nd," I beamed at him after kissing his hand lightly, which made him giggle.
"Happy 2nd," He responded just as happily. It was our second wedding anniversary, we had been married for two years. Dan and I started dating about nine years ago. It's a long story, but it has something to do with my clumsy feet. The proposal story was when Dan and I had gotten in a huge fight. He left to his parents house, while I sat at home alone. 

We made up when I walked to his house- ring  in hand. He opened the door, I lied saying the box in my hand was an early Christmas present. He said he was still angry at me, but obliged when he saw how important to me this was. He opened and of course said yes.

We had to wait a few years because of the tour, but eventually we got married in Manchester, the second best thing that's ever happened to me. The first you might be wondering? You'll find that one out sooner than I would like.

We made steaks at home, along with the finest wine we had. We lit candle lights along the edges of the table and both wore tux's.

The smile on Dan's face was as bright as it was at our actual wedding.
"Why are you so smiley?" Dan asked after taking a bite of his steak.
"Just thinking about you," I said tilting my head. "And how we met, and started dating."
"And how you proposed, and how we got married, and how we started to live a fantastic life from there," Dan nodded.

"You know we still have to film that gaming video," Dan sighed.
"We can do that later, we're too busy right now," I said leaning in. "And we'll be busy later too," I said with a smirk, he narrowed his eyes a little.
"Phil Lester- Howell, don't even," He said, but he was still leaning in.
"Why not? We both know I'm gonna-"

"Daddies?" I was interrupted by a little boy's voice. Getting married to Dan was the second best thing that ever happened to me. The first came walking unsurely out of the hallway. It was our baby boy, Evan.

Evan was around four, we adopted him a month after coming home from our honeymoon. He had bright blond hair and even brighter blue eyes. He was rubbing his eyes with his chubby fingers.

"What's up bud?" I asked, I kept the slight annoyance I had out of my voice.
"I think the monsters are in my room again," He said whimpering a little. I glanced at Dan who sighed but got up as quickly as I did.

We grabbed Evan's hand and walked with him to his bedroom. Evan- as almost all little kids do- thinks there are monsters hiding in his room. Dan and I have this thing where we always- no matter what- "check" his room for "monsters".

We got in and pretended to look around for awhile, he sat in his bed watching us. After a few minutes went by, we began to tuck him in.
"No monsters bud," Dan said with a smile.
"Can you close the closet, just in case there are any in there?" Evan whispered aghast.
"What makes you think monsters can't open doors?" Dan laughed quietly. I shoved him a little, eyes wide.
"Dan!" I whisper yelled.

"What?" Evan asked, his bottom lip began to quiver. He was going to cry any second.
"He's kidding," I said in hopes to calm him down. Because the fear of monsters overthrew logic in this situation, it only made it worse. I walked up to him and picked him up, rocking him.

"Want to go back to sleep now?" I whispered to him, he shook his head. "Want to watch a movie in the living room?" I asked smiling.
"Auntie Louise said that you guys are having your ani.. anivens... anivenslery, so you want to be alone," He said sadly.
"Oh, it's fine bud, we'll spend it with you," I smiled and walked out into the living area. He started to look through the movies.

I walked up to Dan angrily.
"I can not believe you said that to him!" I slapped him on the shoulder.
"What?!" He said rubbing the place I smacked him. I rolled my eyes.
"He was just getting over his damn fear of monsters," I said through gritted teeth.
"Well I'm just saying, if monsters can teleport can't they open doors, and how was I supposed to know he'd believe me?!" He said defensively.
"First of all, we literally convinced him a fat man in a red suit would come down our chimney and deliver presents, why wouldn't he believe you. Second of, monster aren't real!" I huffed, I couldn't believe him.
"Ok, ok, you're right. Come on, it's our anniversary, let's go enjoy it with our son," Dan smiled and started to walk away.
"I hope you realize that he won't be able to sleep on his own for weeks now," I muttered.
"Anniversary, stop arguing," Dan grabbed my hand and we sat on the couch.

Evan sat on both of our laps as we watched Big Hero 6. He loved the movie because the two guys in it sounded like his Daddies.

We haven't told Evan that it's really us, nor have we told him about Youtube. We don't want him to be in our videos. Not yet.

Soon Evan was sound asleep. Although our dinner was cancelled and I ended up mad at Dan, we spent this anniversary with our greatest achievement so far.
This was the best anniversary I've ever had.