Third Wheeling

*Dan's point of view*

I fixed my hair by rearranging my curls a little and then walked out my bedroom door. I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and waited in the living room.

I was so nervous. I didn't know why I was so nervous, I've been on so many dates. Was it because Phil was coming?

"Phil! Come on we have to go pick Liv up!" He yelled after clearing my throat. He walked out running his fingers through his raven hair.

He was wearing a dark plaid long sleeve that went against his pale skin perfectly. He had black skinny jeans with sneakers on. He wasn't dressed too formal, and yet not too casual. He looked amazing. I wondered if this was how he always looked on dates.

His hair freely fell against his forehead and his eyes were a brilliant color. They were bright blue today with hues of yellow and green. Colors I haven't seen in about a month.

He smiled at me,"Ready."

I opened the door and he walked out giggling a little. I got in the car and he got in the passenger seat next to me. We started to drive to Olivia's house.

Phil was coming with because his girlfriend, Emily broke up with him.
What a bitch.

He's been sad ever since, so I invited him along. He seemed reluctant, but I think he's happy. His eyes look better at least, and his eyes were the key to reading him.

We stopped at her bright yellow house that I've been to many times before. I honked my horn and she came out of the doorway.

She was wearing a bright pink dress and was also wearing a bright smile on her face. Her blonde curls bobbed as she ran to the backseat door and opened it.

"Hey Love." I smiled as she got in, that made her blush.
"Hey." She pulling on her seatbelt.
"I can move if you want to sit by Dan." Phil was about to unbuckle his seatbelt when Olivia laughed.
"Oh it's ok, you were there first." He smiled and looked out the window.

Since it was pretty nice out we were going to get ice cream. I started to drive to Phil and I's favorite place. I really wanted to make him feel better and get his mind off Emily.

Phil gasped once he realized where we were going. "Are we going to 50 flavors!?" He asked excitedly.
"Yup." I said pulling in to the parking lot.

I got out along with Phil and started walking. I felt a hand grab mine and realized it was Olivia. To be honest I kind of forgot about her. Oops.

She awkwardly giggled at my blush and I laughed a little too.

We walked in the parlor and we all looked around at the ice cream.
"Can you guess what I want? It's my favorite." Olivia asked smirking and standing back.
"Vanilla?" I guessed also standing back.
"What?! No, I hate vanilla, I'm getting chocolate." She gave me a confused look.
"Vanilla's my favorite Dan." Phil giggled, I did too.
"Oh yeah." We ordered and I payed.

We sat outside and Olivia sat across from me and Phil.
"How's your guys's ice cream?" Olivia said taking another bite.
"Pretty good." I smiled at her.
"I love it." Phil said staking a bit a bite and then moaning. We all laughed.
"Shmexy." Phil and I laughed, its a weird inside joke between us.

After having ice cream we went to the movies.
"I say we watch the Mummy." I said walking up to the counter.
"Yeah, me too." Phil said following.
"I say we watch Baywatch." Olivia said looking at me.
"Come on Liv, I really want to see the Mummy." I said pleading at her. She sighed.
"Fine, anything for you Danny bear." She giggled.

We got the tickets and sat down towards the back. I sat in the middle and Phil and Liv sat at my sides. She grabbed my hand and held it once the movie started. Half way through the movie she laid her head on my shoulder.

"Nononono, don't go there you idiot." I heard Phil whisper.
"I bet you five pounds she's gonna sneak up behind him." I whispered to him.
"You're on." He whispered back.

"What'd he say?" I heard Liv whisper beside me. I filled her in.
"What and idiot, obviously you're right." She giggled, I didn't giggle back, I didn't like that she called Phil an idiot.

The mummy popped up behind him.
"Damn it." Phil said handing me my money. I laughed.

After the movie we started to drive back to Liv's house. "Bye- Li" she shut the car door getting out.

I frowned and walked up to her, getting out of the car.
"You ok?" I asked by her door.
"That wasn't a good date, at all. Third wheeling the whole time." She said crossing her arms.
"Phil wasn't third wheeling, he would've told me if he felt like it."
"I'm not talking about Phil." I frowned.
"I'm talking about me."
"What?! How could you be third wheeling. You're the girlfriend, you're my date."
"I know, but it kind of seemed like you were taking Phil on a date more than me... you talked with him more, laughed with him more, you even messed up our favorite ice creams.. and forgot about me in the car.And the worse part, you should see the way you looked at him. You look so in love. You've never looked at me like that."

"I... don't know what to say." I looked down at my feet. Maybe she was right, the whole time I was trying to please Phil. I wasn't even worried about her. And maybe, I wasn't trying to please Phil because he had a break up. She kissed me on the cheek.
"Bye Dan. I don't think this can work out... but you should ask out Phil. I can tell you like him a lot more." She gave me a smile and shut the door.

I walked back to the car and looked at my lap.
"That was fun." Phil said smiling.
"Olivia broke up with me." I said.
"What? Why."
"Third wheeling." He said looking up at him. For some reason.. I was smiling.
"She felt like a third wheel. I- we weren't... we aren't even dating." He was smiling a little too, his eyes were also wide... but sparkling.

I do love Phil, I thought as I leaned forward and kissed him. I also made Liv a third wheel, oops.

Phil hands were around my neck and mine were on his cheeks bringing him closer. Though, if I brought him any closer our faces would squish together.

"We are now." I whispered giggling.

Then I pulled away from the kiss, started the engine and drove home.