"Will you be my Prince?" Pt. 4

"You know what to say?" Phil asked Dan again.
"I know I never went to school, but I'm smart enough to remember what you said ten seconds ago Phil," Dan rolled his eyes.
"You know that's not what I meant," Phil narrowed his eyes at me.
"I know, I'm joking," Dan smiled. 

Phil walked through the palace doors with Dan trailing nervously behind. The guards gave Dan frowns, but because he was with Phil, no one stopped him. Dan was really glad Phil was here, he knew that if Phil wasn't, he'd get lost. He wondered how Phil had known his way around. Sure, he had lived there all his life, but still. Phil didn't have a very good memory, Dan knew that for sure.

They stopped at the throne room, where the King was sitting. Dan walked in and immediately felt intimidated. The King was huge and wore a large crown. You could tell he was in charge. The King wasn't very good looking- with his bald head and chubby face- but Dan figured that nobody had the nerve to make fun of him. Dan figured Phil's mum must have been beautiful considering Phil was so beautiful. Sitting next to the King was an empty throne, for Phil's mum. She had died two years ago though, Phil had told Dan about it.

"Hello Father," Phil smiled at the King. 
"Hello Son," The King smiled, he reminded Dan of Santa Clause when he did. "Who's your friend?" He gestured towards Dan.
"Oh.. um.. can I talk to you about something first?" Phil asked.
"Of course," The King leaned forward. 
"I've picked who I'm going to marry," Phil declared, Dan blushed, but kept quiet.
"Oh, who?" The King said eagerly.
"Before I tell you, I need you to promise something," Phil brought out a piece of paper.
"You see, the person I want to marry isn't born from royal blood or rich," Phil sighed. "I would really like to marry them, but I need your signature saying it doesn't matter that they don't have royal blood or being rich or whatever," Phil handed the King the paper.

He signed it. "Of course, it doesn't matter wether they're rich or not," He handed the paper back. "So which of the woman is it?"
"Well.." Phil glanced at me and then back at his father. "It's not really... a... woman."
"What?" The King frowned. "Did I mishear you?" The King narrowed his eyes.
"No father, I want to marry a man," Phil stood his ground, Dan was proud of him, he knew he wouldn't be able to if he had to.
"Who is this man?! Who influenced you, huh?!" The King stood up, his angry glance turned to Dan. "Was it your little boyfriend over here?!" The King started to get closer.

Dan felt like he wanted to throw up because he was so scared. Phil put his arm around him protectively, he brought Dan closer. 
"He's not my boyfriend," Phil said, the King looked relieved. "He's my fiancé," Phil smirked. He no longer looked relieved.
"How dare you! I will not allow you to marry him!" The King's face turned red.
"Well I'm going to, and you can't stop me."
"Yes I can," The King argued.
"Then I call Court," Phil declared.
"You don't have the right!"
"Yes, I do. So, let's go," Phil remained calm. 

"Court" was something you could call when you want to challenge the rules. Phil had some sort of plan, so he called court against his father. Once you challenged the rules, you went in front of the whole Royal Court.

"And what about your.. your... what about him?!" The King sneered at Dan. Phil nodded at Dan, he took a deep breath.
"I claim Guest Rights," Dan's voice shook, he tried his best not to stutter.
"Guest Rights?!" The King shouted.
"Yes father, Guest Rights, So you aren't allowed to kick him out," Phil smiled at Dan. Guest Rights allowed you not to be kicked out until there was a reason behind it.
"That's... that's... you know what? Fine!" The King stormed out of the room.

Phil grabbed Dan's hand.
"Alright, I have to go. Lisa here will bring you to the guest room, just hangout here until I get back from the court," Phil kissed Dan on the cheek, giving him butterflies.
"Ok, good luck," Dan smiled.