Love Sucks Pt. 2

*Phil's point of view*

My eyes widened. "You.. you think I'm what?" I could barely comprehend it. This wasn't possible. I helped others fall in love, but I didn't. It's a rule. It's forbidden. If I wanted love, I would become human. Not only that, but this guy was supposed to fall in love with four other people. But, of course the second I come into the equation he thinks I'm cute.

"Well... I don't know. I think you have really pretty eyes," He blushed.
"You think my eyes are... pretty?" I raised my eyebrows, he laughed.
"Sorry, that sounds so lame. I just... would you like to maybe go out sometime? Get to know each other a little more?" He asked. "The only thing I know about you is that you're clumsy." I was about to say no, but a thought popped into my head. If I got to know Dan then maybe I could find him a person to fall in love with.

"Sure," I smiled at him and we exchanged numbers.
"I'll call you, I have to get to work," He sheepishly smiled and walked out the door. I smiled at how awkward he was. He reminded me of some of the other people I watched fall in love. The same giggly manner, the same shine in his eyes, the same awkward flirtations. It felt... interesting to be on the other side of it.

But don't get me wrong- I wasn't falling in love. Love is for humans, not gods. Not only that, but if I fell in love then I would have to become human, and that's not happening. I love my job and I love my life, I wasn't going to give it up for some boy I just met. Plus, it seemed like this guy's love life didn't exactly work out. So, I was just going to go on a... date... with him and that would be that. I would find out who he could fall in love with and then I would never see those brown eyes or that curly hair again.

I got Dan's call later that night. I figured he just finished working. "Hello?" I asked.
"Hey, Phil." It was like I could hear that dashing smile over the phone.
"Hey, Dan," I liked the way his name rolled off my phone.
"Are you busy tonight?" He asked. I racked my brain, the only thing I had to do was find him someone to fall in love with, so I guess that meant I was free.

"Nope," I responded.
"Want to do something tonight?" He asked hopefully.
"Like what?" I asked. I didn't know much about dates. Truthfully, I had never been on one before. I knew sometimes people ate, but that's about it.
"Have you ever been to the Manchester eye?" He asked. I thought for a few moments. I had been to thousands of places, but that was somewhere I hadn't heard of.
"I haven't," I answered.
"Well, tonight you will," He laughed.

Within a half an hour Dan met me at a restaurant near the Eye. He looked really nice, he wore a black sweater with white outlines of squares on them. He also wore black ripped skinny jeans, I would be lying if I said he didn't look nice (especially with that smile).

"You look nice," I said looking him up and down.
"Thanks, so do you." He laughed a little and we walked into the restaurant. We found a booth at the corner and ordered food. I liked sitting in the corner booth, away from everyone else. It made me feel like it was just me and Dan.

I looked at him while he ordered and examined his face. He had memorable soft brown eyes, they had small specks of gold with him. His curly brown hair sat in a fluff on top of his head, a little frizzy (in a good way). His lips were pink and chapped and as he talked to the waitress his dimples showed. I smiled, he seemed really kind, who wouldn't fall in love with him?

"So," He turned to me after ordering. "I noticed earlier you have mismatched socks," He smiled. I blushed at the statement. I hoped he wouldn't notice. "Why?" He laughed.
"Regular socks are boring." I shrugged, he nodded.
"And nobody likes boring." He looked back and forth between my eyes.
"I certainly don't." I bit my lip.
"What do you do for a living?" He asked me. I thought for a moment. How could I even explain my job to a human? Especially to a human who couldn't know what I was doing.