Milkshakes in the Moonlight

*Dan's point of view*
*Set in the 1950s*

"Mum! He's here!" I said jumping out of my chair once I saw the headlights of Phil's car pull through the driveway.
"Alright! Have fun and don't-" She shouted from the kitchen.
"Stay out past curfew, yeah, yeah! Love you bye!" I shut the door closed and ran to the red mustang. Phil's family had quite a lot of money, so he had a car (a very nice one in fact), unlike me.

"You look amazing," Phil showed me his famous crooked smile.
"Thank you, you look just as good," I smiled brightly back. His raven black hair was slightly gelled and his blue eyes shone brightly. He wore a white t-shirt with a black leather jacket hung loosely around his arms and shoulders.

He pulled his car out of the driveway and we started our drive to Bengy's, our favorite diner. Known for the best milkshakes and burgers in town. 
"Sorry I'm so late, practice went late, and then I had to shower.." Phil trailed off.
"It's alright, we'll just get a milkshake or something," I smiled.

"Who will all be there?" I asked. Phil was a popular guy, so he always ended up inviting his friends to dinner with us.
"Chris, Pj, Louise, Cat, Anthony, you know, the whole crew. We are also going to meet Anthony's new girlfriend tonight." Phil listed the people going. I bit my tongue, at the moment I just wanted to hang out with him.

"I told them not to come for another half an hour though," Phil said glancing over at me, and then back to the road. "I know you like it better when it's just me and you."
"You're the best," I kissed him on the cheek.
"That's how I got you," He smiled back.

After a few minutes drive we walked into Bengy's hand in hand. Being gay at this time wasn't widely accepted by the world, but the owners of the diner loved us. Phil's friend group immediately accepted us and if anyone tried to judge us for being gay, they would have to go through the whole football team, the whole baseball team, and the most popular girls and boys in school.

We sat in what we like to call "our booth".  It was big enough for ten, our whole group sat there. I sat next to Phil and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"The usual?" Miel, the waitress and one of the first friends I made upon getting here, walked up to us with a smile. We came here almost every Friday and pretty much always got a chocolate milkshake with two straws.
"You know it Miel!" I said cheerfully.

Phil and I sat there in the warm red glow enjoying each others presence. Phil kept telling me about how much he wanted to marry me, but I always rolled my eyes at his ramblings.

"I love you," He said leaning in for a kiss. I thought back to when we first met. I was the new kid, not from around. I first got there, terrified on who I would make friends with.

The first thing that happened was me getting bullied me for being gay. Now, most people would think that Phil saved me and then we fell in love, but it wasn't like that at all.

The person who saved me was Miel. She shouted at all the people shoving me around and helped me out. She brought me to hang out with her and her other cheerleader friends. I was eating lunch with them when Phil saw me for the first time.

Apparently, the first thing Phil thought was, why is a girl wearing that?! Once he got closer he immediately started to flirt with me. I was told his second thought was, that is the most beautiful boy I've ever met. That's what made me love him.

I always ignore his third thought, which was, I would love to fuck that ass.

"Oh come on, in public?!" Pj laughed sitting down with everyone else. I pulled away from making out with a scarlet blush.
"You're cute when you blush," Phil whispered in my ear as everyone else piled in. 

"That's not as bad as the time you and Chris got caught-" Louise started to say as she sat down on Liam's lap. Her skirt fanned out around her.
"Shut up!" Chris said, his blush matched with Pj. "That was a rumor and you know it!" Everyone burst out laughing.

We all knew it wasn't a rumor. Chris and Pj happened to be closeted gays (which neither of them would ever admit). For now they were fuck buddies, and happened to get caught having sex in the boys bathroom.

"Where's Anthony?" I asked, changing the subject for them. Pj flashed me a thankful look.
"He's walking in with his girlfriend," Cat rolled her eyes. "Pre-warning, she already sounds annoying."

Anthony's new girlfriend was from out of town, just like me. None of us had met her yet, but we all decided to give her a chance.

Anthony walked through the door with her strapped to his waist. He had the, I just got laid look on his face.
"Everyone, meet Amanda, Amanda, meet everyone," Anthony smiled at her. I watched her blue eyes travel across everyone's faces and land on Phil's.
"Hi," I swear I could hear flirtation in her voice as she batted her eyes. I clenched my jaw and started bubbling with jealousy. I could see Phil avoid her intense gaze and grab my hand.

Anything started to introduce everyone.
"Don't worry baby, I would never date her, I plan on marrying you and only you," Phil whispered in my ear and squeezed my knee. "Plus, she seems too Vanilla for my liking."

He pulled away with a smirk, I narrowed my eyes at him.
"That's Phil and his boyfriend Dan," Anthony finished with a smile. Her face twisted with disgust.

"Boyfriend?" She cocked her eyebrow. Everyone at the table went quiet.
"Oh, so you're a homophobe," Anthony sighed.
"What?! Don't you think it's a little weird?" She said it like it was obvious.
"Well, it was nice knowing you, this relationship lasted.. Oh about an hour. Bye," Anthony shook her hand, and sat down.
"What?! Just like that!? Oh, whatever!" She rolled her eyes and stormed out of the room.

"Sorry guys, I didn't know she was like that," Anthony shrugged and started to eat some fries, Louise stared at him with wide eyes.
"You aren't even sad?!" Louise frowned at him.
"Nah, she wasn't good in bed anyway."
"Anthony!" Cat slapped him on the shoulder.
"I mean her personality was ten times worse, but still. And I'm pretty sure she's into Phil anyway," Anthony smirked.

Phil rolled his eyes.
"Well that's great," He sighed.
"Looks like you've got some competition," Pj looked up to me. I rolled my eyes and took a sip of my milkshake.
"No you don't, you're my one and only," Phil said kissing me on my cheek. He knew I was one to get jealous easily.

"Who was that?" Miel laughed as she walked up to us. Her shift was over and she was now in normal clothes. I saw Anthony's eyes light up.
"No one," He shrugged. They paused for a minute looking into each other's eyes.
"Miel, have I ever told you you're beautiful?" He asked, it was the first time I've seen him genuinely flirt with a girl.
"No you haven't," She laughed and sat down next to him. 

"Alright guys, we have to go now," Phil said grabbing my hand and helping me up. We had been there for about an hour.
"Where are we going? We still have another hour," I frowned following him out the door.
"Just enough time for Lovers Lake," Phil whispered in my ear.

—————————

Thanks moonlight-luna for the idea of this prompt (and the title)!