Break Up

*Dans point of view*

"Then we're over!" Phil yelled across the room, tears were streaming down both of our faces. My breath hitched, I felt like I was about to fall over. I knew our fight was bad, but I didn't know it was this bad.
"Fine." I choked out.
"Fine." Phil said after a few seconds hesitation. We both stared at each other for a few moments before I quickly turned around and walked to my room.
"And don't follow me." I turned to look at Phil who stopped in his tracks, I really didn't want to hear the, "we can still be friends" talk.

I went to my to room and slammed the door shut. I walked around and yelled. I couldn't believe Phil, he said he loved me and here he was breaking up with me.

Then I realized, I loved him. The love of my life was slipping through my fingers, and I couldn't  catch him.

I sat at the need of my bed. I loved Phil, I really did. I loved everything about him. I thought about every memory we'd ever had together. Even when we'd just be sitting together at three in the morning, it was amazing.

I looked around my room and saw all of his things scattered around. A sad feeling went over me when I saw his sweaters hung up in the wide open closet, his annoying dirty socks in random places, his contact lenses on our nightstand, and even the random stickers he placed on my things. Even though half of those things annoyed me I still loved each and every one.

Then my feeling of sadness was replaced by anger. I started to throw his things into the hallway, I was kicking him out. I couldn't believe him.  I got to the last thing, his stuffed lion. I couldn't bring myself to throw it out. I sat down against the door and cried myself to sleep.

In the morning I woke up sore, I did fall asleep on the door. I stretched as I got up and opened the door. Outside all of the things I threw out were gone. I got sad again, I don't know why, it was my fault and all. For some reason I had the thought that Phil would end up next to me in the morning, with all his things in our room. But now... it was my room.

I walked out and saw Phil making coffee.
"I see you moved out of my room." I said getting a bowl of cereal.
"I kind of got the hint that you kicked me out." He said glancing over at me, and then back at his coffee.
"Well, I didn't want to sleep with my ex." I said putting the cereal back, I suddenly wasn't in the mood to eat, he got silent.
"Fair enough, I've moved on." He shrugged.
"Yeah, so have I. I bet I've moved on more than you." I shrugged.
"Oh I doubt it, I've totally moved on."
"Not as much as me, I'm so moved on, that last night I fell asleep fine without you." I lied.
"Well I'm so moved on, that I didn't even sleep with one of your sweaters on."
"I'm so moved on that I took down all the stickers you put up." I lied again.
"I'm so moved on that I didn't even eat your cereal this morning."
"I'm so moved on the I didn't even miss you."
"I'm so moved on that.. that.. I got a boyfriend!" He smiled, I felt dizzy, I took a step back. He already got someone new? Is that why he broke up with me?
"Me too." I raised my eyebrows at him. "Maybe we should go on a double date tonight." I said, and then instantly regretted it.
"I'd love to." He said and we parted ways.

While he was relaxing in the living room, I was freaking out trying to find a date for tonight. After calling around for an hour or two, I finally found someone, his name was Jaspar. I smiled after we sealed the deal. My new plan was to make Phil jealous.

That night I walked out of the living room and I couldn't help but think how amazing Phil looked. His black fringe and blue eyes were piercing. I was about to compliment him, that was until I realized we broke up.

We got in the car and sat in awkward silence, I wasn't really surprised. We were two exes driving with each other to pick up our dates and then going on a double date.