Claustrophobia

*Dan's point of view*

"Phil, come on, can't I just sit out?" I begged. We were at Darcy's birthday party and she decided that she wanted to play Hide and Seek. I didn't want to play, I would much rather sit on the couch and watch everyone run around, but Phil was not okay with that. He insisted that not only he plays, but I play with him.

"Darcy," Phil finally said in response to my whining, "don't you think that Dan should play Hide and Seek with everyone?" He grinned at me. Darcy immediately matched his smile and nodded eagerly.

"I wanna count!" She called out, running into the kitchen. A few of her friends ran off hiding and Phil grabbed my hand, yanking me from where I was so peacefully standing.

"Phil," I whined again. He pretended to not hear me, which I guess settled the fact that I was going to hide with him. "Can you at least tell me where we're going?"

"To find a hiding spot, duh," Phil scoffed. I rolled my eyes at the vague response, but I still followed him down the hallways and into different rooms.

Phil certainly took his time watching and looking in each room, trying to find a nice place to hide. His search was interrupted when we heard a loud, "Ready or not, here I come!" To which he responded by pulling me into a closet.

The closet was small, it was more similar to a pantry. There wasn't much in it other than a broom and some coats, but that didn't help with the already limited space. My heart raced as I looked at Phil, we were chest to chest and my heart was racing. I figured he could probably feel it.

"Yes! We found a spot!" Phil cheered. He was too distracted by the victory to even come close to thinking about the little space between us. I, on the other hand, couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Oh, God," I muttered to myself. I tried to take a step back, but I was already as squished to the wall as humanly possible. "Phil..." I said awkwardly. I could feel my whole body going red, it felt like I was glowing. Phil turned to face me questionably, but only seemed to get closer. Rip, I thought, knocking my head back against the wall behind me.

"What's wrong?" He asked after a few seconds passed. His breath brushed my lips as he spoke and I just about passed out right then and there. I couldn't even get words out with the closeness of him.

"Claustrophobia," I blurted out suddenly. As my eyes adjusted to the darkness, I watched him frown.

"What?" He asked.

"I'm claustrophobic... you're too close," I said quickly.

"What?" He asked again. For a moment it worked and he looked ultimately concerned, but then he seemed to realize what I had just said. "No you're not." He frowned again.

"Can you just back up please?" I begged him. As if the whole chest-to-chest part wasn't good enough, his whole body was right against mine. Being this close was a little... overwhelming.

"Why?" He laughed. "Am I bothering you?" He smirked, seemingly leaning closer. His lips weren't even more than five centimeters away from mine. I wanted to jump out of the closet to get away, but I knew how upset he would be if I ruined our hiding spot. "When's the last time you've been this close to someone?" He teased. "Maybe you-"

Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore. I closed the small space and pressed my lips to his. My hands wove their way through his hair, gripping tightly and pulling his face closer. At the same time, my whole body was trying to force him against the wall. Although, Phil kissed me back a lot harder than I thought he could, winning dominance and pushing me against the wall. He gripped my neck, causing goosebumps to spread up my arms. He tilted my head up, causing my mouth to fall open a little more. I don't know how long we made out for but it wasn't until Phil started to lift my shirt up lightly that I pulled back, knocking my head on the wall as I did so.