"I love you"

*Dans point of view*

It was about four in the morning when it happened. I was, as always, on my computer. There was no light anywhere around me, and I was sure Phil was sleeping. As I was scrolling through tumblr I got a text. I looked down at my phone.

Rat: I love you❤️

Rat was Phil, and when he texted that, my heart sped up. I mean, Phil and I have said "I love you" to each other before, but never over text. Plus, he was just across the hall, why didn't he just come over and say it?

I felt a blush creep up my face as I texted back.

Me: I love you too

I hesitated and did it.

Me: I love you too❤️

I hit send and watched the three little bubble things appear.

Rat: I'm not doing anything Friday do you want to go on that date??

I jumped a little... date? Phil wanted to go on a date with me? I mean, I did like Phil, but he had a girlfriend. Maybe he broke up with her?

Me: Um.. I'd love to actually

My heart was racing.

Rat: Ok I'll pick you up around seven if that's ok with you... or would you rather meet at my place?

I frowned, we lived in the same flat. Did he mean rooms or something?

Me: What? I'm so confused we live in the same place... and don't you have a girlfriend?

Rat: What?

Rat: OHMYGOD! OHMYGOD! I MEANT TO SEND THAT TO DAISY!

My eyes widened as I read what he wrote. I just told him that not only do I love him, but I'd love to go on a date with him. I took a deep breath, maybe he hadn't realized it.

Rat: Wait... you love me?!

I quickly threw my phone across the room and brought my hands to my mouth.
"Oh my god." I whispered. "Oh my god." I whispered again. I heard my phone buzz again, but I wasn't going anywhere near that thing.

I pulled the blanket over my head and hid my face into my knees. I wasn't around anyone, but I felt like I was in front of a whole audience in nothing but my underwear.

My phone buzzed a few times until it went silent.
"Dan?" I heard Phils voice from the hallway. I cleared my throat.
"What's up?" I asked clenching my eyes closed and gripped my hair (which I wanted to yank out of my head).
"Can you come out from under the blanket please?" He asked gently, I could feel the bed dip, meaning he sat down.
"I'm ok, I can hear you fine." I said, I didn't want to move, I was so humiliated. I just ruined our friendship.
"You love me?" He asked.
"Yes." I said so quietly it was almost inaudible. 
"I want to see you." He said softly, I bit my lip.

I could hear his breath hitch a little as he lifted the blanket. I dug my head into my knees further.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." I whispered, I had tears in my eyes. Not only did I completely humiliate myself by telling Phil my deepest secret, ruin our friendship, but I felt like I was tearing apart a relationship that Phil had with a girl who made him really happy.
"Hey." He whispered gently pushing back my hair. "Look at me." I shook my head.
"I can't." I choked out.
"Please." He whispered.

I took a deep breath and slowly looked up. His bright blue eyes were shining in his glasses. His raven black hair was messy and he had a sad smile in his face. He put his hand on my cheek. I kind of.. melted into the touch.
"Why are you sorry?" He asked.
"I just.. I should've told you right away, before all this. Before... I actually fell in love. It used to be only a crush, and I should've moved out then. Before you became my best friend, cause now it's going to be so hard to leave you." I sighed looking back and forth between his eyes, for, what I thought would be, the last time.

"Don't leave then." He leaned forward and kissed me. It was gentle and soft, but passionate all at the same time.

He put his forehead against mine, I smiled.
"What about your girlfriend?" I whispered.
"I'm just going to have to tell her I love you." He said as he leaned in for another kiss.