Wedding Day

*Dans point of view*

I tightened the black tie around my neck. I looked up and down at my suit, I looked pretty nice. I looked up at my hair, curly brown. Everything was looking fine until I looked up at my face.

I should be happy, but I was the opposite. I didn't have a smile, my eyes weren't glowing and I just looked mad, maybe even a little sad. I forced a smile on my face, my best friend was getting married, I should be happy. Not sad that he was marrying the wrong person.

I started to walk down the hall to the room Phil was getting ready in. I knocked on the door.
"Who is it?" I heard him ask.
"Your best man." I smiled, or at least tried to make my fake one look convincing. The door burst open and I was yanked inside.
"Thank god!" Phil said starting to pace.

I expected him to be wearing his suit, but he wasn't. He was wearing a white long sleeve and boxers. I wanted to say I didn't like the view.. but if you saw your crush I their underwear wouldn't you stare a little? I squeezed my eyes shut and cleared my throat. I opened them again and kept my eyes on his face.
"Um Phil.. weren't you supposed to be in your tux-"
"A half an hour ago!" He said yanking on his hair. My eyes widened. "Yup!" He yelled.

I debated on asking the next question.
"Why.. aren't you?" I wondered. His breathing started to pick up.
"I.." He looked at the chair in the room. "I need to sit down." He said out of breath. I sat down across from him.
"Phil?" I asked trying to reassure him.
"I'm freaking out Dan." He whispered.
"I can see that." I said gently. "Why?"
"I just.. I couldn't bring myself to do it. I couldn't put the tux on. It just.. it felt so.. official. Isn't your wedding day supposed to be amazing?!" He said frantically.
"Well.. you're the first of us to get married mate." He looked up at me with panic on his face. "But I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be happy." I winced. He put his hands over his face.

"Why.. aren't you?" I asked gently.
"It's just the thought of being with Sophie, for the rest of my life. I'm freaking out." He brush his hair back. I could read worry on his face.
"Do you love her?" I asked crossing my arms.
"What?! Why wouldn't I love her? She's smart, not to mention pretty, she's funny. She's everything a guy wants!"
"But is she what you want? Phil.. you can list things all day long, but that doesn't answer my question. Do you love her?" I asked again. It took him a few minutes to respond.

"No." He sighed. "No, I don't." He whispered.

"Then why are you marrying her?" I asked.
"I.. I don't know." I decided to come out and say it. I knew he might hate me, but it was worth a shot.
"Phil.. I know this isn't what you want to hear right now.. but I'm in love with you." I said grabbing his hands. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes.
"I love you too." He laughed. Then an angry look came across his face. "Why didn't you tell me this before I was getting married?!" He said with his eyes wide. Forgot all about that.
"I thought you loved her!" I said defensively.
"I was only marrying her to distract myself from you!" He yelled back.
"Why didn't you say that before?!" I shouted.
"Why didn't you say what you said earlier before?!" He said face palming. "Now I'm marrying someone I don't even love!" He exclaimed.

Realization seemed to settle over him. "Oh my god... I'm marrying someone I don't even love! What the fuck am I going to do?!" He said, his voice getting high pitch.
"Wait.. did you just say fuck?" I frowned, Phil rarely swears. And in all the years of living with him I think I've heard him say fuck once.
"Oh my god.. I did! What's happening to me?!" He put his hand over his mouth.
"You're getting married to the wrong person you spork!" I slapped his arm.

"Oh my god, how am I going to get out of this, I can't just leave!" He exclaimed.
"As your best man, it is my duty to make you happy. I'll get you out of this." I reassured him.
"How?!" He said, he looked close to tears.
"You'll see. Now get your cute butt in that suit and go get married." I got up and started to leave, he gave me a worried look. "Stop worrying, I promise I'll get you out of this." I shut the door and walked out.

I immediately went to his family. Martyn was  in the wedding to, he was a groomsman. Phil only got to pick two groomsmen, Martyn and I. The rest were all Sophie's friends. Stupid, I know.

His parents hated Sophie, almost as much as I did.
"Hey guys." I said walking up to them. 
"Oh, thank god, how is he?!" Phil's mum asked.
"Actually.. he's freaking out because he's realizing he doesn't love her."
"What?!" They all said, almost at the same time too.
"Yup, and I'm going to help him get out of it." I smiled.
"I feel like a terrible person but I feel so happy! How are you going to get him out of it?" She asked.
"Well-" I paused, I was just realizing now I had no clue how I was going to get Phil out of this. "I'll get back to you." I laughed nervously and walked off.

I started to think of ways to stop this wedding, I had no luck. Five minutes until the wedding and I had no idea what to do.

I started to pace and then I saw it.
The fire alarm.

I smiled, I was about to pull it when people started to walk to their seats. I looked near the fire alarm and saw a kid on his phone.
"Hey.. kid." I whispered. He kind of frowned and then kept playing. "Kid, want to make some money?" I whisper yelled. He perked up at that. He walked over at me.
"How?" He narrowed his eyes.
"I'll pay you £5 if you pull the fire alarm during the wedding." He looked at the alarm and then back to me.
"£1,000." He said officially.
"What no! 20."
"700."
"50."
"500."
"I'm not paying you £500 to pull a lever. £100."
"£300."
"125."
"200."
"£150." I offered, he thought a moment.
"Deal." He shrugged, I handed him the money.
"I'll give you 50 more if you actually do it." Though I already knew I wasn't, I needed him to do it though.
"Sweet." He smiled.
"I need you to watch me, once I wipe my eyes, pull it." I said looking at the clock, I needed to go.
"Ok." He shrugged again and I walked towards my place.

Sooner or later I walked down the aisle along with Sophie's snobby friend. I walked over to Phil and hugged him.
"Did you figure it out?" He whispered.
"It's all good." I patted him on the back making it look like I congratulated him.

Once everyone walked up the preacher started doing his thing.
"Speak now or forever hold your peace." He spoke. It was time, I wiped my eyes and the kid nodded. He pulled the lever and the alarm went off. Everyone started to rush out of the room.

I grabbed Phil's arm.
"Come on let's go!" I yelled over the crowd and dragged him to a different door than everyone else.
"This was your plan?!" He exclaimed.
"It worked didn't it?" I smirked as we ran out, hand in hand.

We got out of the church and ran to the car Phil and Sophie were going to take, it read 'Just Hitched' on he back. I got in the drivers seat and we sped away.
"Where are we going?" Phil asked sitting back and relaxing.
"To the our house, packing, and then to the airport."
"The airport?! Why there?!"
"Because the first place they'll look for you is our flat." I shrugged.
"You're a genius!" He laughed. "But why the airport?"
"Well you aren't going to get your real honeymoon, why not go on our own little one." I said with a smile pulling into our driveway and shutting off the car.

I looked over at Phil and before I knew if his lips were on mine.
"I love that plan." He smiled back at me.