Stranger in the Dark

*Dan's point of view*

I hid around the corner. I could hear two guns going off around it. I knew that if I went out in their battle I'd be dead, so I waited. Eventually, there was silence. One of them was dead. I took a deep breath and whipped around the corner. There she was. She turned to me and started to aim, but I already had the drop on her. A few shots, the buzzer went off and she was dead.

"Ha!" I shouted at the nine year old. Her freckled face scrunched to a frown. She dropped her plastic gun and fake equipment. I looked down at my own line, I was still going strong, I was only shot once, but luckily not anywhere that took a lot of damage.

I moved on and looked for Phil, he was the one that dragged me (I say it like this has been bad, but this was actually great) to laser tag in the first place. I've already killed tons of kids, but I really wanted to get him. I think he knew that though, because no matter how hard I looked he was nowhere to be found.

As I was walking through the dark room I started to walk towards one of the neon lights. Just as I was about to get there and look around, I was pinned to the wall. My arms were clasped above my head causing me to drop my plastic gun. For a second every thing blurred in panic, but they focused on something. The neon lights caused the blue and yellow eyes of the person trapping me against the wall to show. Phil? I thought to myself.

Suddenly, the strangers lips were on mine. It took me a second, but I kissed back. I don't really know why I wasn't screaming at the fact that someone was kissing me in a dark corner, but for some reason I loved it. Their lips were so soft and intoxicating. No, this can't be Phil, I scoffed at my thought from earlier. Would I really care if it was? I wondered. Less than a minute later their tongue entered my mouth and I didn't do a thing to stop it. Why am I making out with a stranger?! I wanted to slap myself, but I also wanted to deepen the kiss any way I could.

Their grip started to loosen on my arms and one hand moved to my torso, pulling me closer to them. They pulled away from my lips and started to kiss my neck. I should've stopped them right then and there, but I didn't. I could've easily pushed them off, but I didn't want to. After sucking and leaving sloppy kisses on my neck, they came back to my lips. More and more rushed kisses, This can't be Phil. Suddenly, I felt their fingers brush under my shirt. "No!" I yelped when they started to pull it up. "Not here," I muttered.

I heard the person laugh quietly. It was at that moment that I knew my thoughts were confirmed. This person was, indeed, Phil. I couldn't help but blush at the fact that I just made out with my best friend at a laser tag arena. My blush got worse and goosebumps crawled in my skin when Phil leaned into my ear. "Maybe we'll continue this another time," He whispered. Before I could say anything else, he grabbed his plastic gun and shot me, right in the heart. He winked and walked away.

———————————

Thank you Axellnicorn for the idea of this chapter!