"Don't Do It!"

*Dan's point of view*

My legs wanted to give out. I was already exhausted from a long day, and now I had to walk. I mean it wasn't very far, it was just to the uber, but still.

I had meetings all day. They started at five in the morning. FUCKIN FIVE. IN. THE. FUCKIN. MORNING. Who in hell wants to wake up that early.

On top of that I didn't get hardly any sleep because I go to sleep at three in the morning.

Plus, I was just leaving now... and it was MIDNIGHT.

I hate meetings, so much. I shot Phil a text telling him I was on my way home, I knew he'd still be up.

After a car ride with the most talkative person I've ever met, and she couldn't get the hint that I DID NOT want to talk, I made it home.

I walked through the door and plopped on the couch.
"Hey Dan, how was your day? Terrible?" Phil said walking into the living room.
"Yeah, terrible." I sighed peeking up at him.
"If you want I can make you feel better." He said sitting next to me.
"No... Phil no! Don't you do it! Don't you dare-"

Phil smiled at me. A bright beautiful... and contagious smile. I couldn't help it, I also had a bright smile on my face.

"And you did it."
"Feeling better." Phil giggled.
"No you idiot." I lied, although the smile on my face probably didn't help.
"Yeah it did." He pushed me a little.

And it did. Somehow Phil's smile is a ray of sunshine that makes your day better... even if you a had meetings started at five in the morning.