The Boy That Wasn't Meant To Be Hunted Pt. 2

Phil took a deep breath. He finally finished cleaning up the bodies, but screams were heard and the cops were on their way. They wouldn't find all the dead werewolves, but they would definitely see the blood. Luckily, Phil knew how to take care of fingerprints, so he was pretty much clean.

He had tried. He had tried so damn hard. He told them that there was a way to cure them. He didn't have to kill them, but none of them listened. They were hungry and he was fresh meat. He did what he had to do. He used to love werewolves, but as he grew older he started to hate them. They were all terrible creatures. They had blood that could cure anything if it came from the host alive, but none of them would listen to him.

They were all the same, viscous and bloodthirsty. But every time he killed one, the brown eyes of Daniel Howell haunted him. He hadn't seen the boy for years- ever since he ran away, but he couldn't forget him.

He sighed and left, there was nothing he could do, he tried everything. As he left the house though, something didn't feel right. There were extra creaks in the woods and the feeling of eyes watching him. He took precautions of course, but by the time he got back to his crappy motel room, the feeling was gone.

He went about his business, but as he laid down to sleep, he felt it again. So, he decided to grab his gun and head outside. He walked to get a soda from one of the vending machines when he heard it. The footsteps, at first fast from far away, but slow once close. He immediately whipped around and pointed his gun. He almost dropped it once he saw who was on the other side.

He looked different, so different. He was tall, taller than Phil! Which was saying a lot because the last time he saw the boy he was barely taller than Phil's stomach. His hair was the same curly brown, a little long at the moment, but pretty much the same. His brown eyes were as beautiful as they had always been, much older looking now, and sadly more scared, like they had been through hell. He had to be 21 now- if Phil did his maths right.

"Dan?" He dropped the gun, eyes wide.
"Hey, Phil. Long time no see." He let out a breathy laugh- music to Phil's ears. His voice got deeper, he definitely went through puberty since the last time Phil had seen him. Is it weird how incredibly hot he had become?!
"Uh.. yeah." Phil swallowed, what was even supposed to say?! Dan had just shown up... out of... nowhere! "What are you doing here?"

Dan suddenly looked slightly nervous. He bit his lip and sighed. "Do you think... we could go inside and talk?" He asked. Phil nodded, showing him to his room. He sat down on one of the chairs and Dan found himself on the bed. There was an awkward silence, Phil had so much to ask, but he didn't even know where to start.

"You look good," Phil blurted out. He internally slapped himself, that was not what was important right now. Luckily, Dan's chapped lips formed into a cocky smile.
"Thanks, you do, too," He laughed.
"So... what's new? I haven't seen you since..." Phil thought for a moment. "Since you were... what? 13?" He wondered out loud.
"13," Dan confirmed. "The night I went to live with James." James was his parent's close friend that Dan went to live with. "What ever happened to him?" He asked.

"After you ran away, he went out looking for you," Phil explained. "He never really stopped looking for you." He looked up at Dan, whose eyes were glued to the floor. "He passed away about a year ago though." Dan swallowed hard and nodded. "In his sleep. A peaceful way to go. Especially for a hunter." Dan looked relieved at that. Phil chose his next words carefully. It wasn't any of his business, but it was always a wondering of his. "Why... did you ever run away?" He asked, there was another long silence, until Dan finally spoke up.

"I didn't want to hurt him." He shrugged. "Wolf out.. you know?" Dan joked, but Phil could see he was upset. He walked over to the bed and sat across from him.
"Did you?" He asked, Dan looked up with a confused face. "Wolf out? Kill anyone?" Dan laughed sadly and shook his head.
"I came close, but in the end I could never do it. Every time I heard Phil Lester in the back of mind telling me there was a better way." Dan smiled at the older boy. "Thanks for that."