2022~ Katherine and Eden

Years go by,
And here we lie,
You're like my star,
We've come so far.
Will you lay here,
With me my dear,
When the sky,
Is not so clear?

*Flashback to 2017*

As Dan laid there, staring at the ceiling, he thought about his existence like he always did. He thought about death. He thought about where he went after death.

Right now, in his mind, the world was dark and cold. He watched the ceiling and focused on each and every spot his eyes could muster.

He thought about his rocky past and his worrying future. He didn't know what would happen, or what wouldn't happen. He didn't know what dreams would come true and which ones wouldn't. He just.. didn't know.

As Phil walked into Dan's bedroom Dan didn't even notice. Dan was so stuck on the ceiling he barely noticed when Phil laid down next him. Until he grabbed his hand. Dan's new focus was the warm feeling that ran from his fingertips to his heart.

The bright stars can't shine in the dark until the sun sets. Everything in their minds became clear. They loved each other, darkening but outshining each other every step of the way.

"What are you thinking about Dan?" Phil whispered as he stared up at the ceiling with him. Phil squeezed his hand.
"You," Dan whispered.

You hold me in your arms and I hold you back,
And when the dark skies fade to black,
My eyes are blinded my fairy lights

*Flashback to 2010*

"Come on Dan," Phil pleaded Dan again. They were in the garden of a friend. There were fairy lights strung everywhere in the dark. Light music played and everyone swayed to the beat.
"Phil I..." Dan hesitated. Not because he didn't like Phil, he loved him with all his heart. Phil just didn't know it yet. The thing that scared Dan was that he didn't know if the alcohol was taking, or Phil.

"You know you want to daaance. You want to dance with meee. Cause you loooove me," Phil made it up along with the tune of the music. Dan's face went red.
"Phil.. there are too many people," Dan  mumbled.
"They're all sloshed, they won't care," Phil pleaded some more.
"Aren't you, too?" Dan narrowed my eyes at him.

"Maybe a little," He smirked. "But my feelings about you still haven't changed."

How far would I have gotten without you here?
The time's been forgotten for years and years,
My life is beginning to piece together with you.

*Flashback to 2016*

They finished their last show together. The glory of the tour had ended, and it was time to go home. They sat in their back room listening as everyone ran out of the room.

Phil smiled at what a great time he had, but then he realized that Dan was sniffling. He sat up and realized he wasn't sniffling, he was full out bawling.

"Dan, why are you crying? Are you sad it's over?" Phil asked stepping closer to him. Dan got up and and ran into Phil's arms. Dan almost collapsed as he hugged Phil tighter than ever before.

"Thank you," He whispered through his tears. "Thank you Phil," He cried.
"For what?" Phil asked back.
"Everything."

I could've made it on my own,
But you were like my stepping stones,
I'm looking forward to 2022
With you

*Flashback to 2019*

As Phil walked through those doors and saw Dan sitting there in that seat, his smile grew. He loved how Dan looked that night.