Zombie Song ~Stephanie Mabey

Our love story
Could be kinda gory
Far from being boring
We'd meet at a post-apocalypse
Yeah, I'd be slowly walking
In a group stalking
You, you'd be the only man alive
That I could not resist

They say zombies don't feel anything, but Dan quickly found out, that wasn't true. Since Dan's brain was infected, he didn't know much. All he knew was a select few things. The first, he was hungry. The second, there seemed to be nothing that conquered his hunger, other than brains. In other words, Dan only knew that he needed to eat someone's brain.

As his crowd gathered around him, he realized he was hungry. He followed the group as they all walked. None of them knew where they were going, their bodies just took them. They entered an open highway, a place they ended up at a lot.

They scattered, not too far, but far enough. Nobody found anything, except for Dan. Dan looked towards the woods on the side of the road. There was a small group of humans. As Dan was about to start his attack, he suddenly stopped. The man in front of him looked familiar.

Dan didn't even know he had feelings. He didn't even know beautiful was a word. But as he stared at the man with raven hair in front of him, he realized that was the only word that described him. Dan knew the feeling of hunger, but not the new feeling that was taking over him. 

Then all of your friends
They'd try to kill us
But only because
They'd be jealous
That our love is deeper than
Edward and Bella's

Suddenly, Phil's friends got out their guns. There he was, a zombie, standing there, staring. They were ready to shoot, but Phil quickly stopped them. He realized quickly who was standing there.

"Stop! It's Dan!" He shouted, tears erupted in his eyes. He stood in front of the guns, they all put them down, eyes wide. Phil knew the threat of letting a zombie live, but he couldn't shoot him. There was nobody that could get him to shoot Dan. Dan may have become a zombie, but he'd always be Phil's husband. 

The group around him wanted to be mad, but they knew the story. They knew Phil still loved Dan. Hell, Phil still wore the ring.

If I were a zombie
I'd never eat your brain
I'd just want your heart
Yeah, I'd want your heart
I'd just want your heart
Yeah, oh
If I were a zombie
I'd never eat your brain
I'd just want your heart
Yeah, I'd want your heart
I'd just want your heart
'Cause I want ya

Phil slowly walked to the zombie. He was surprised when he wasn't eaten. Why didn't Dan eat him? He had no desire to. Usually, when Dan saw a human, he immediately grew hungry, ready to eat. Right now though, Dan felt nothing of the sort. He couldn't do anything. He couldn't sprint to Phil, tackle him down and eat him, all he could do is stand there, confused as to why he wasn't.

He growled and walked away. He wouldn't show that humans were here, he didn't understand why not. The zombies were hungry, he knew that for sure, but he wasn't going to let anyone eat Phil, or his friends. All he could do was ignore the feeling in his gut, and carry on.

You'd be hiding in
A second floor apartment
Knocking all the stairs down to save your life
From the undead
Double-barrel shotgun
Taking out the slow ones
Then you'd see the passion burning in my eye
And I'd keep my head