Scared

*Phil's point of view*

I walked into my room. I can't remember what started the conversation but we were talking about a hat I wore in one of my videos. Louise thought it was blue but I know it's purple. I decided to go get it, to prove I'm right.

But then something near impossible happened. As I was leaving my closet I had my door on the handle when a crack of thunder struck. Causing not only for the light to go out but causing me to fall backwards, bringing the door handle with me.

I ran to the door, there was no way out. I pushed and pulled with all my might. Great, my worse nightmares came to life. Being trapped in the dark, I hate the dark, and I hate storms. Great, just great.

I did the only thing that made sense, I called for Dan.
"Daaan!" I yelled.
"What?" He yelled back.
"Can you come here?" I asked hopefully.
"Coming." He said and I heard him say glumly.

"Where are you?" I heard him yell from my room.
"In the closet." I mumbled. He walked over and opened the door.
"Why are you in the-"
"Don't let the-" The door slammed shut. "Door close." I sighed, I hate this door. It all shut because my door can't stay open unless someone is holding it open. Otherwise it slams shut.

"Why couldn't I let the door close?" I couldn't see the expression in his face, it was too dark.
"Try opening the door." Silence.
"There's no handle." Dan said.
"Exactly, so there isn't a way out. Wait what about Louise. Loouu-" Dan clamped a hand over my mouth.
"Louise is at the store. She said she'd be gone for about an hour." Dan unclamped my mouth and slumped against the door. I slumped across from him on the wall.

"Have you tried forcing the door open?" Dan asked.
"Yup." I sighed.
"Have you tried kick-"
"Yup."
"Jumping in-"
"Yup."
"Have you tried punch-"
"No, there's no use in breaking my hand."
"Yeah, I guess... so what do we do?"
"I don't know."

We both started to think about how to get out when I crack of lightning and thunder happened. I jumped at the loud noise. Dan giggled, but little did he know, water rimmed my eyes.
"You alright there?" I could here the smirk in his voice, I just sniffled in response. Dan went quiet.
"Phil... are you crying?" He asked gently.
"Dan have I ever told you about my childish fear of storms? And the dark?" I half-whispered, my hands were trembling. I've only been in here for five minutes and I was terrified.

"You are?" He whispered.
"Yeah... so do you think you could..." I trailed off. Then I heard Dan shuffling and his warm body next to mine.
"Do this?" He asked.
"Yeah." I sighed with relief.

I wanted to scoot over and curl up into a ball and lay on his lap, or at least lay my head on his shoulder or something, but I knew I couldn't. Dan and I were friends, just friends. Plus, I was afraid, not only of the dark and the storm outside. That's how it should be, but not what it could be.

A tear rolled down my cheek, I didn't know why I was still crying, Dan was sitting right next to me. He was probably trying to think his way out. I looked over at him, and to my surprise he wasn't looking at the door like I thought he would be, he was looking at me.
"Are you ok Phil?" He whispered, I shrugged.
"Your shaking." He whispered. I frowned and held out my hand. In my limited vision I realized he was right, it was shaking.

"Is there anything I can do to help the situation?" I opened my mouth to say something but closed it immediately after. I shook my head.
"What? I know you were gonna say something."
"Would you care... if I put my head on your shoulder?" He giggled.
"Of course, why would I care?" I laid my head down and felt about ten times better.

He put his arm around me causing goosebumps all over my body.
"Oh my gosh, you just got so cold." He stated and wrapped his other arm around my chest.
"Is this ok?" He whispered. I nodded biting my lip, I didn't want to say anything.

It really did help though, the cold was now replaced with a warm fuzzy feeling that I couldn't get over. Then I felt Dan lay his head on mine and the feeling grew.

It was strange because even though his arms were wrapped around me, I was still a little scared, I didn't like the silence.
"Dan?"
"Yeah."
"Can we just... talk. I don't like the silence."
"Sure, I have a question for you."
"Shoot."
"How come you never told me you were afraid of the dark?"
"Because I was embarrassed. And you are a little overprotective, now I know you will always check on me during storms."
"I...will..." Dan said glumly.

Then, I was scared again. I wasn't scared of the dark. I wasn't scared of the storm. I wasn't scared of the silence either. I was scared of myself.

I was scared of my feelings. I was scared of love. I was scared of rejection. I was scared of the situation I was in and how Dan might know, know that I love him. I was scared of the relationship with the man next to me, and how I wanted it to change. I was scared, of my own mind. And last of all I was scared to say why I was really scared.

"Dan?" I whispered it like he was asleep and I was scared to wake him up.
"Yeah?" He tightened his grip a little, as if whatever I was going to say was gonna make him lose me.

I wanted to tell him. I really did. But I was too god damned scared.

"I'm scared again."
"Of what?" There was no annoyance, no anger at all in his voice. Just sincere care.
"Myself. My feelings. Love. Rejection. Our relationship." My voice got quieter with each reason. Dan let go and sat in front of me, his legs outstretched around my sides. He grabbed my hands. It made my heart flutter, and me even more scared.

"Me too Phil." Somehow those three words made all my fears blow away.
"Really?" I whispered, my last year rolling off my cheek.
"I like you Phil, more than a friend should."
"Me too Dan." I watched as all those fears left his eyes, and replaced with love.

He leaned forward and the moment was perfect.

For once, I loved the silence. I loved the dark. I love the storm outside flashing vibrant streaks of light into the room. I loved my feelings. I loved the love surging through my veins. I loved the situation I was in and how Dan knew, knew that I loved him. I loved the relationship with the man next to me, and how it was going to change.

Our lips connected when a flash of lightning and thunder struck one more time. Our lips collided. All of our love was going into the kiss. This love that we've been holding in us for years, to scared to let it go.

We stopped as Louise called our names downstairs. Our lips pulled apart.
"Should we tell her?" I smirked.
"Nah, she'll find us."

And that she did, finding us making out in my closet, "Finally." She whispered.

Being scared is a funny thing. One second you are scared of the dark, and the storm that follows. The next, you're hoping for it.