Why get up?

*Phil's point of view*

The alarm bared in my ears. Seven loud beeps (with a hit from Dan) and I was up. I turned it off and sighed. I had about a little over a half an hour to get ready. I had to go to some unimportant meeting for some YouTube thing. Who puts a meeting on at six in the morning?

"Are you gonna get up?" Dan mumbled. His eyes were still closed as he laid on my chest. I wrapped my arm around him, pulling him closer. I envied the fact that he was going to get to sleep in all day.

"I should," I responded, I laid my head on his. He nodded and snuggled closer. I smiled at him. He was completely out of it and I knew it. He was already starting to fall asleep again.

It was 5:10 and Dan was back to sleep. He was still laying on me. I should've been in the shower, but I didn't want to move. Our bed was so warm and cozy under the sheets. Dan was warm too, and adorable. His hands were gripped at my shirt. This view.. this feeling, there was nothing better. The way Dan was so comfortable just laying there sound asleep, it felt amazing to be trusted so much. So who was I to move?

5:20 and I was still there. Time was ticking, but I couldn't move. Dan was asleep, so quietly asleep. If I moved my arm I knew I'd wake him up. He'd have to fall back asleep without me. I knew him better than anyone and know that he'd probably just get up. He'd rather be tired for the rest of the day than fall asleep without me. So how could I move?

5:30, and if I didn't move. I would be late for sure, but I didn't care. This meeting will be useless and I know it, so what's the point? People would be counting on me, sure, but who counts on me more than Dan did at that moment? He was probably having such peaceful dreams knowing that I was here with him. That I was the person to always be here with him. So who was I to let him down?

5:40, and I was still there. The building was twenty minutes away, I could make it if I tried, but instead I snuggled closer to Dan. He smelt like home, not some office with cheap coffee. Hell, he looked like home, not some place I didn't want to be. I knew that when he'd wake up, he'd have a bright smile on his face. He would think that I missed the meeting because I fell back asleep. He would tease me all day for falling back asleep and missing it, and I would take it. I would take all of his joking banter just to be able to see his absolutely loud and wonderful laugh. I could be happy watching him smile and knowing that the real reason I didn't go to the meeting was because I love him too much. So who was I to disrupt that happiness?

6:00, I could imagine them in the room probably waiting for me. I know I should be there, they'd be mad knowing what I was really doing, but I didn't care. I didn't even care that I didn't care. Because I knew, that in the future I would be more than happy that I missed another horribly boring meeting than going and missing another day with the love of my life. So who was I to do anything else?

"Hello, Phil Lester?" Somebody at my meeting called me wondering where I was, I smiled down at my boyfriend and his mess of curly brown hair.
"Hey, I was supposed to be in that meeting at six o'clock.. yeah, well someone's gonna have to take my spot, because it's 6:30, and I'm not there." I winced, listened to what she had to say, hung up the phone, and cuddled back up to the love of my life.