Broken Pt. 2

Phil sighed as he opened the door. After an hour long walk, he still was as clueless to what to do as he was before he left. He expected Dan to still be locked up in his room, but instead he was sitting in the couch. His cheeks were stained with tears, his face was red, his eyes were puffy, his brown eyes were bloodshot.

"Hey, Phil." He smiled weakly at his husband. Phil froze at how calm Dan's voice had turned.
"Hey, Dan," His voice was shaky.
"Where did you go?" Phil could hear the worried waver of Dan's voice. He suddenly felt really guilty, he left Dan alone like this for an hour. God, now he felt even worse.
"I went on a walk," Phil stated. "Needed to clear my head a little," He bit his lip nervously.
"Sorry about yelling at you earlier," Dan started. "I overreacted," Dan glanced up at Phil. Phil's heart just about broke at the sad look on his face.

"No. No, you don't have-" Phil wanted to pour his heart out. He wanted to tell Dan everything he was thinking, but he interrupted him.
"Phil, I don't want to talk about it," Dan snapped. "Please," He whispered.
"But.. I really want-"
"Please," Dan begged.
"Ok," Phil nodded.

"Can we just... go to bed?" Dan asked, he looked down at his lap, trying to avoid looking at Phil. Although Phil could see the obvious tears in his eyes, he knew Dan didn't want to talk to him.
"Of course, Bear." Phil grabbed his hands and pulled him up from the couch. They walked into their bedroom in silence.

Phil laid down first, Dan curled up next to him. And although this was their favorite time- when they were cuddled up next to each other, Dan's head on Phil's chest, legs intertwined- they both wished they were somewhere else. Phil felt awkward. He knew Dan better than anyone, and he knew that Dan hadn't forgiven him for what he did. He knew that Dan was trying his hardest to pretend that nothing happened so he wouldn't have to be mad at him. But Phil wanted Dan to be mad at him. He wanted Dan to do something. Kick him out of their room, push him out of their bed, give him the silent treatment, anything other than pretending nothing happened.

"Dan.. are you sure..." Phil wanted to talk to Dan about how he was feeling, but he knew that he shouldn't push Dan, especially after what he did. Should he just let him pretend it didn't happen? Meanwhile, Dan watched the conflict pass through Phil's eyes. He just wanted it to stop. He didn't want to talk about it. He just wanted things to be normal. He didn't want to be mad at Phil. He hated being mad at Phil. He hated fights, so he was going to act normal.

Dan started to tear up at the thought of everything. He didn't want Phil to see him cry, just like he hated seeing the worried look on Phil's face. So, he grabbed it. He placed one hand on Phil's cheek and the other grabbed his hair at the back of his head. What a stupid reason to cry, Dan thought. He connected their lips forcefully, Phil kissing back just the same way. Phil's hands were pulling Dan's body closer in seconds.

This is normal... right?

Now, this wasn't a regular kiss. Regular kisses were sweet, they were full of love. This kiss was like a storm. It was sad, it was angry, it was strong. It was one huge whirlwind of upset emotions, but they couldn't stop. This is wrong, Phil thought, but he was the one who pushed his tongue in Dan's mouth. He was the one who was starting to climb on top of Dan. He was the one whose fault this really was.. right? Maybe he deserved this awful feeling in his gut. They could feel the tears on both of their cheeks, they didn't even bother to question whose they were.

Seconds later they were ripping off each other's shirts. They are leaving large purple hickeys on each other's necks. They were grinding under the covers, trying desperately to help the storms flowing through their brains.
"Please," Dan choked out, just begging Phil to act like everything was normal. So Phil did.