2022 Pt. 2

*Phils mums point of view*

I sat down and watched Phil stand up at alter. I was tearing up, my boy was finally going to marry Dan. I really didn't like Dan at first. I didn't care he was gay, but it seemed like Phil was getting distracted by him, and when I heard that he was moving out to live with Dan... I wasn't very happy.

He claimed that he was in love with him. I on the other hand, thought either he had no idea what love really was, or the love would run out within a month, but I couldn't have been farther from the truth.

I figured that out a year later when the love still hadn't run out. I just thought, he doesn't know what love really is. He came over to my house on Valentines Day. We have a big land area and and he was wondering if he could bring Dan there. I of course was very against it, that's a very romantic place where people do very romantic... things.

*past 2012*

"Mum please!" He begged me, this was the twentieth time.
"No! Not yet." I thought they were going to break up anyway, so 'not yet' meant not ever.
"Why not?!" He was starting to get mad at me. I would too, Dan really is great once you get to know him, but I was clueless at the time.
"Because, I'm your mother and I said no!" I fought him, he huffed. 
"Please mum?" He asked quietly.
"Why do you like this guy so much anyway?!" I shouted at him, I have had enough, I watched his face drop.
"You don't like him. Do you?"

"Well... I-"
"Do you?" He repeated himself, he looked more mad now. I shook my head, I didn't like him.
"Why?! How don't like him?!" He threw his hands up in the air, his face was turning a little red too.
"He's a distraction." I crossed my arms.
"A distraction?!" He look astounded at me. "I can't believe you! Have you even met Dan, like really met him? Dan is amazing, alright? You can't talk crap about him until you know him. I love him! He makes me happier then I've ever been in my life. We go on dates and he's just the sweetest person in the world mum. He asks me out! I had to do all the work in my old relationships! If I'm talking to him, he'll block everyone out and listen to me. He always stands up for me and is always smiling at me. And he gives me this look. This amazing look, like I'm the only person in the world." He had the dreamiest look on his face. "So if you don't like him so be it, I like him and that's all that matters." He stopped pacing in front of me.

That's when I realized, Phil really was in love with Dan. Phil has never argued with me like that. The second I said I didn't really like his other boyfriends, he accepted it, but not this time.
"You can go." I said smiling.
"Really?" He asked also smiling.
"You two obviously love each other so yes."

*present 2022*

I held up the camera, Phil asked if I could talk to it. Someone else is recording the wedding.
"Hello!" I said to the camera. "Do you think the red light means it's on?" I asked my husband, I was hoping it was on.
"Yeah I think so..." He didn't round too sure.
"Well I'm at my sons wedding! He asked me to record myself and to say some words, I have no idea what to say. What do you think I should say?" I asked him.
"I don't know, tell a story." He shrugged, I thought for a moment.
"Oh I got one! I remember one time..." I told the story about how I didn't like Dan at first.
"Ok bye! The weddings starting!" I said. "How do I turn this off?" I asked.

*Zoes point of view*

"Hello everybody!" I smiled at the camera. I was sitting next to Alfie, Joe and a few others waiting for the wedding to start.
"Hi guys!" Alfie said next to me.
"Dan and Phil asks us to say some things for you guys, so here we are." I smiled.
"Yeah, and I gotta say it's beautiful." Alfie smirked over at me, I gave a small smile back.
"He's just saying that because Louise and I decorated it." He put his hands up in surrender.