Not A Muffin Basket Pt. 2

*Phils point of view*

We got out of the car and the baby immediately starts crying.
"I got the bags. Here's the formula, she's probably hungry." Dan said opening the trunk and handing me the small tin and the bottle.
"Are you sure you don't want me to get something?" I asked as he grabbed the two bags and the box with crib in it.
"No it's fine." He thought for a moment and then smiled. "You're really clumsy, and I wouldn't want you to drop Winnie."

I nodded and walked inside with a smile on my face. I knew he liked the name Winnie.

I walked inside and looked around, not only realizing that I needed to set her down to make a bottle, but there was no where to set her down. Dan luckily walked in the door and sat the bags in the counter.
"Can you take her while I make a bottle?" I said gently rocking her, trying to get her to stop crying.
"Yeah sure." He said taking her from me.

I went into the kitchen and looked at the directions. I got the amount of water and poured it in the bottle. Then I realized it should be room temperature and to empty the cold water out.
"Why is this so hard." I mumbled as I ran my fingers through my hair. I added the powder and started to shake the bottle.. forgetting to put the lid on. Luckily not a lot emptied out and I saved most of it. I put the lid on this time and shook it.

I met Dan in the living room who was tickling the laughing Winnie. He always gets her to stop crying, I admire it.

"I got the bottle." I said handing it to him.
"I'm not doing it." He said eyes wide.
"Why not?" I gave him a questioning look she started to cry again.
"You do it." He gently slipped her into my hands.

I nervously put the bottle to her mouth and she started to suck it.
"She likes it!" I said looking at her then at him.
"Why wouldn't she, you spork?" He laughed looking up from Winnie. We then kind of... stared at each other. I couldn't help but stare into his chocolate brown eyes and their little golden specks. He always said they were boring, but I loved his eye color. Especially when they would turn almost yellow in the sun. I stopped staring when the bottle was almost being pushed away.

I look down and a blush spread across my face, along with Dans. I also realized that she finished. How long had we been staring at each other for? I took the bottle away and set it on the counter.
"Man, she was hungry." I laughed looking up.
"Yeah." Winnie started to cry again. "Is she hungry again?" Dan yelled frantically.
"She just finished a whole bottle!" I yelled, also frantically.

I watched as Dans face slowly twisted in disgust.
"What the hell is that smell." We both froze, and slowly looked at the baby.
"Not it!" I yelled out, Dan scoffed.
"You can't do that, that's totally unfair!" He whined in a high pitched voice.
"I just fed her!" I argued.
"That's a total different thing then changing a diaper!" He argued back.
"I'll do it next time." I offered, his looked softened.
"Promise?"
"Promise."

We laid out a small blanket and laid Winnie on top of it. Dan paused.
"I have no idea how to change a diaper." He looked at me with a scared look. I went on the computer next us and got out instructions.
"Ok, first pull the little tabby thingies." I said pointing. Dan pulled them.
"Now pull it down." He pulled the diaper down and stench clouded our noses.
"That's horrid." I coughed, Dan gagged.
"I hate this. I hate this so much. Now what." He looked away.
"Fold the diaper up." He handed it to me. "That you can do." I, almost puking, folded it up and tossed it in the garbage.
"Now what." He said looking over at me with another disgusted face.
"You won't like this." I winced.
"What? Phil Lester, what?!" He gave me a horrified look.
"You have to wipe her... area." I said handing him a baby wipe.
"Nope I'm done." He stood up.
"Dan come on, this the worse part." I gave him a look. He whimpered, took the wipe and got to it.