Gear Shift Pt. 3

*Dan's point of view*

I walked into the door, my heart felt broken. If I told Rachel, she would break up with and I would lose her, but I would have Phil.

If I didn't tell Rachel, she wouldn't break up with me and I would have her, but I would lose Phil.

I finally got Phil back, I didn't want to lose him again. I loved Rachel though, and I certainly didn't want a divorce.

I watched as she came running up to me. Her brown curls bounced and her purple eyes shone. I smiled at her bright smile and freckles. She put her arms around me.
"Hi Babe," She smiled, pecking me on the lips. I smiled back.
"Hi Love," I whispered.
"I'm thinking Chinese tonight, how about you?" She asked skipping giddily in the kitchen. My heart sank further.

My decision was not to tell her, until I saw how happy she was. I knew she wouldn't be happy if the only person I could think about, was Phil. She would be even more upset if she found out that when we kissed, I pretended it was Phil. She would be heart broken if I told her I wished the other person wearing a wedding ring in my marriage was Phil. The worse part, I knew all of this, and I didn't tell her. The gear in my head refused to shift back- the only time I needed it to.

I walked to the kitchen.
"Chinese?" She questioned picking up the phone. I sighed.
"Rach, I need to tell you something," My voice was shaky, she tilted her head in confusion. "You might want to sit down for this," I decided. She now wore a frown, I would too, but she still sat down. I sat across from her, I couldn't look her in her eyes. Those purple eyes, the ones that always had happy wrinkles surrounding them because she smiled so much.

"Last night, when I said I was seeing an old friend.. I saw my ex," I said biting my lip.
"Oh?" She raised an eyebrow at me.
"We went out for coffee and we were kind of.. flirting. Then we went outside, we were both going to go home, but, well, he kissed me. And  I didn't stop him. Then," I stopped, this was what I was scared of.
"Gone on," She whispered sternly.
"I asked him to go to a hotel and.. have sex with me," I whispered the last part. "Then I left him in the morning, and came home for breakfast, I pretended it never happened." She gasped and broke down crying, I swear I could hear her little heart shatter.
"Y-you had an affair?!" She gasped out, I winced, she took deep breaths trying to calm herself down. "Maybe we can still get past this," She whispered.

"It gets worse," I said gently, tears were falling down my face too. "I went back over there this morning, I wanted to do it again. The only reason I'm telling you this is because he convinced me to. He told me that it was wrong, and he was right," My voice cracked, she got up and walked out of the room.

She came back an hour later, her mascara ran down her face and her eyes were red. She took a deep breath and set her wedding ring on the table. I knew he decision before she said it.
"I want a divorce," She said, her voice was croaky from crying. I got up and walked to her, she turned her head to the side.
"Rach? Come on I think we could-"
"I want a divorce," She said louder and clearer, her words were as sharp as knives.
"I understand," I nodded, my throat felt tight.
"Leave," She commanded. 

I walked out of the door without another word and went straight to Phil's.

I got there and knocked on the door. After about five minutes Phil opened it. He looked terrible, he had puffy read eyes and his face was red and blotchy.
"Sorry," He sniffled, not looking up.
"You know how they say, 'if you love something you have to let it go'?" I asked, tears sprouting in my eyes. He immediately shot his head up, tears continuing in his too. "I let her go."

*Three years later*

"I like the blue roses," Dan said pointing at the picture.
"I like the white ones," Phil whined.
"Guys, the colors go great together, just combine them," Louise said it like it was obvious, which, to tell you the truth, it was.
"Both?" Dan asked Phil, grabbing his hand, Dan's engagement ring shone.
"Both," Phil smiled.

"What do you think Waffle?" Phil asked pick him up, he just wagged his tail happily.
"Phil, how many times have I told you, he has no idea what you're saying," Dan rolled his eyes playfully.
"Jesus, it's like you two are already married," Pj laughed from the couch. They both gave him a glare, but their smiles won.

After Dan told Rachel what happened between Phil and him, she was heartbroken, both of them were. It took a while, but eventually "Phan" was once more (their millions of shippers were back to, when they started Youtube again).

Dan and Phil were planning their wedding, they were going to stay together, for good this time. They ended up having a son and getting another dog. Life was great for everyone.

And I can practically hear you asking, "What about Rachel?" Well, after Rachel and Dan's divorce was final, she spent a while on her own. She spent a lot of time to herself, she traveled, went to concerts, YouTube meet ups, anything she could do, she did.

One day, at one of the Youtube meet ups, she met someone she never knew. A man name Joe Sugg. They fell in love, even more in love than Rachel ever was in with Dan. For the first time in a year, she was truly happy.

One day, when Joe and Dan hung out, she saw him again. She greeted him with a smile. She forgave him (after a while) and they became friends, and only friends.

The gear in Dan's brain shifted when he was at the alter with Rachel. It shifted back that time Phil and him saw each other in the grocery store.
Now, it will never shift again.