Radioactive Leak Pt. 5

*Phil's point of view*

We only had a day and a day and half left until we'd get to Manchester, I couldn't wait. As we walked, I slowly grabbed Dan's hand. I surprised when he didn't say anything. I was even more surprised when he didn't let go.

"Are we going to stay together after Manchester?" I wondered, I wasn't ready to leave Dan yet. I was still doing the falling in love part.
"We can't," Dan said. "We make too good of a team to split up." He smiled, I couldn't help but smile back.

Everything was going fine until we heard a lot more crunchy leaves than the ones under our feet.
"Stop," Dan ordered, he let go of my hand and grabbed his gun. The crunching continued.
"What the hell is-" I immediately stopped once I saw the heard. There were about fifty running at us.

"Get out your Ruger, shoot constantly. If they get too close, get out your Olympia," Dan said to me, grabbing the gun out of my duffel bag.
"This is the Olympia right?" I asked holding the shotgun in my hands. He smiled.
"Yeah, I'll be fighting up there, good luck." He started to walk away. "And please don't die," He said in a pleading tone.
"I'll try," I said, and with that, I started shooting.

Shooting a gun is terrifying and exhilarating at the same time. You get excited and all, but the noise and the kickback makes it feel like you could die any second. I shot and felt like I was barely helping.

While I was shooting like my life depended on it, freaking out, and missing almost every time, Dan was a ruthless assassin, and killing everything he touched.

He took his.. machine.. gun.. thingy and shot every time he moved. It would hit a zombie every time, and every time it'd fall to the ground- done for. If one came from behind, he'd whip around and jam the gun to his head. The zombie would fall, he'd quickly shoot, and still manage to turn back around and kill the next one.

I happened to just be shooting over and over, until I finally ran out of bullets. I grabbed the.. Oplymus? I don't know what the hell it was called. I shot as many as I could, although the shot gun didn't shoot as far as the pistol.

Then, just as I was going to reload a zombie fell on top of me. That's right, that son of a bitch literally fell on fucking top of me. What, did it come from a mother fucking tree?! What the hell?!

I screamed out as my shoulder slammed into the ground. The zombie was about to go for my face when Dan shot it before it could. I sighed with relief and grabbed my gun. I started to lift myself up but immediately stopped once a bolt of pain shot up my shoulder.

I winced and looked up at Dan. He was starting to be surrounded, there were only about twenty left, but for only one guy... that was a lot to fight off. I held my shoulder, the pain was almost unbearable. I shifted my weight to the other arm and held myself up.

"Phil?!" I heard Dan yell.
"I'm fine!" I shouted back, there were less zombies now, only about ten. The shooting stopped though, Dan dropped his gun.

He ran out of ammo.

He was fighting with.. a pocket knife? I glanced down at my pocket and didn't see mine. When had he taken that? Whatever, it was saving his grateful ass.

I watched as the last zombie fell and Dan sprinted over to me. After that much fighting I was really confused on how he had that much energy left. He slid next to me and immediately cupped my face. He had a trickle of sweat falling down his face.
"Are you ok?" He scanned my face with his worried eyes.
"I'm fine." I couldn't look him in the eyes.
"No you're not. I'm trained to tell when people are lying, and you are definitely lying," He frowned at me.
"Really, I'm fine," I decided against shrugging since my shoulder felt it was constantly being stabbed. I didn't want to tell Dan, I didn't want him to worry.

"Then stand up." He crossed his arms and stood up. I did, pushing all my weight on my left arm rather than my right. He gave me a skeptical look. He put his hand in my shoulder, causing me to cry out in pain.
"Shit!" I screamed out.
"You mother fucking liar!" Dan was close to slapping me, he was also tearing up, probably out of fear. I was scared that he was scared, so that's nice.

"You know what I have to do, right?" Dan asked with wide eyes.
"What?" I frowned, all I needed was a sling right?
"Well first I need to put it into a sling, and then," Hs thought for a moment, "Never mind, we'll cross that bridge once we get to it." He started to wrap bandages around shoulder, putting it in a sling. The pain was terrible.

"Ok, now I want you to focus on my voice," He said after taking a deep breath.
"What, why? What do you-"
"Shhh, just focus on my voice Phil," He said gently. "Before all this you were a newspaper writer right?" He asked me putting his hands on my shoulder.
"Yeah.. what are you-" I frowned.
"What did you write about?" He smiled at me.
"Um.. I don't, everything.. what are you doing?" I looked at my shoulder.

"Hey! Want to know the real reason they called me Bear?" He had a bright smile on his face.
"It's not because of the whole scaring thing?" I asked.
"No, it's actually because I had an obsession with Winnie the Pooh when I was little," He laughed.
"Aww that's- AH! What the hell?!" I screamed out, with a very unsatisfying pop! My shoulder was relocated. "That fucking hurt! You god damn jerk!" My shoulder was throbbing.
"Sorry," He winced. "It was the only way to fix it!" He held his hands up in surrender.

We kept walking, but this time, Dan grabbed my hand. And as mad at him as I was, I didn't let go.