Mute! Dan

*Phil's point of view*

The story I'm about to tell all started when I made my first video.

2006
I uploaded my first ever video. I was scared that either no one would watch them or everyone would hate them. I uploaded it anyway. Sooner or later people started viewing and subscribing. That's when I got his message, Danisnotonfire: Hi. Was all it said. At first I kind of just ignored it.

2007
I uploaded videos more regularly and the boy I mentioned earlier kept messaging me. I kept ignoring them.

2008
I had many subscribers and more followers on twitter. The boys messages were getting harder to find and I found myself actually missing them. Then I got another message from him. It said hello. I finally decided to talk back.
Me: Hi!
Danisnotonfire: Oh my gosh! I didn't think you'd ever get back to me!
Me: Well it's nice to meet you, I'm Phil.
Danisnotonfire: I'm Dan.

It took off from there. We started to talk everyday for hours on end. I found myself... kind... falling in love with Dan.

Then one day I suggested to skype, he immediately declined.
Me: Why not, I want to see you're face and talk to you in person.
Dan: Well that can't happen.
Me: Why not?
Dan: I had this weird thing at birth where it messed up my vocal chords. Not... I can't speak. I've never actually been able too, I usually just right on paper. Sooo yeah. You probably don't want to talk to me now that you know I'm a mute anyway.
Me: Wow, I couldn't even tell. And of course I still want to talk to you. I love talking to you. Can we please skype, you can just write on paper what you want to say.
Dan: Ok... fine.

Then, we skyped for the first time. He would write and I would read. It was just nice to see his face, even if he couldn't talk.

2009
Dan and I became super close. We haven't even met yet but we "talk" every single day, always enjoying it. Then I suggested we meet. And for once, Dan agreed.

I walked out onto the train platform that worming very excited. I was going to meet Dan. I waited and watched as a train pulled up. A boy with a brown fringe and brown eyes walked up to me.

I gave him a hug and he hugged me back.
"Hey Dan! It's nice to finally meet you." He gave me a bright smile.

That year he first appeared on YouTube with me.

2010
Dan and I have become closer than most friends. He comes down or I go up to meet him almost everyday. We've gotten to know each other so well, we even met each other's family.

Then Dan moved up so we wouldn't have to take trains everyday. We would go out to eat and go to the movie all the time. He would point of what he wants and I would order.

That was also the year that Dan was in the hospital. That was the day I rushed to the hospital faster than I've ever gone before. I waited and waited until I could walk in.

I walked in crying, he was all hooked up to tubes, but he was ok. He looked up at me with tears in his eyes. I hugged him until he pushed me off because I was on his UV.

I wanted to kiss him but I knew I couldn't. Then something unexpected happened, he kissed me. After we stopped he sat up. He looked at me and made a writing motion with his hand. I rushed to get a piece of paper and a pencil. I read out loud while he wrote.
"Will... you be my.. booyfriend?" He looked up hopefully at me.
"Of course!" I said kissing him again.

That was the first year I could call Dan my boyfriend.

2011
That was the year Dan and I moved in together, we slept over too much and figured that it had to happen sooner or later. Dan also hit 1M followers on Twitter.

2012
That was the year we both moved to London.

2013-2015
Those were the years of memories, the years of stupid, talk-less fights and falling deeper in love.

2016
That was the year I was engaged to Dan. After many years I was finally marrying my lovable mute. Even though he said I wouldn't.

2017
This is the year I'm going to marry Dan, it's going to be on October 19th, the day we first met at the train station. 

Life with my mute couldn't be better.  Even though he couldn't talk, his smile told me everything.