2.13

In the evening, Xiao Zimo and Wu Bai rode the carriage back to Haining Village.

    When the villagers heard the sound of hooves, they thought: Who is this here?

    As a result, everyone saw Xiao Zimo driving in from the entrance of the village with a carriage on it, and without stopping, he entered the village directly, and only stopped at the entrance of Wu's house.

    Everyone followed the carriage to Wu's house, and then saw Xiao Zimo helping Wu Bai down from the carriage, then tied the horse aside, and asked, "Xiaozi, did you buy this carriage? "

    They can all see that Xiao Zimo has an extraordinary temperament. It should be nothing to buy a carriage. They just didn't expect that the other party would be so rich after falling into the water. Unlike the Hai Shi rescued by the Hai family, he was penniless. .

.Xiao Zimo also knows the truth of not revealing wealth. He is an outsider in this village after all, and it would be bad if he caused others to have bad thoughts, so he opened his mouth and said, "I rented this carriage. There is still a piece of jade pendant hanging on it. I went into the city a few days ago and took him a few taels of silver. I wrote a letter to my family and asked them to pick me up. I went to the city today to see if my family members came to see me. But it’s a pity, so I may have to go to the city more often in the future. You all know that I fell into the water before and I am still a little weak. I can’t walk long distances often, so I had to rent this place with the money I used as a jade pendant. The carriage will be used for a while, waiting for my family to pick me up."

    "That's it, that's it!" Everyone nodded.

    "I don't know where Xiao Xiao's home is, why haven't I come to pick you up for so long?" an uncle asked.

."My home is in Yuhuai Province, it's a little far from here. When my family comes to pick me up, I will let them thank you for taking care of me during this time." Xiao Zimo said to these people with a smile.

    Hearing that Xiao Zimo said that the family should repay them well, these people were so happy that they couldn't see their eyes. In fact, they didn't take care of Xiao Zimo, they just said hello when they saw it.

    "Okay, then we will all go back first. I hope your family will come to pick you up soon."

    "It's your good fortune." Xiao Zimo echoed.

    After the villagers were sent away, Xiao Zimo and Wu Bai took down the things on the carriage. In fact, it was nothing, just a little cake and some seasonings.

    Wu Bai handed the cake to Father Wu and said, "Father, this is the cake that Brother Xiao bought for you."

.Father Wu was a little embarrassed and said, "This is too precious."

    "It's nothing, uncle, you have taken care of me for so long, I thank you, you don't have to be polite to me." Xiao Zimo said with a smile.

    Seeing Xiao Zimo chatting with Wu's father, Wu Bai went into the kitchen with the seasoning in his hand.

    He found that one side of the kitchen stove had already cooked rice, and the other side was cooking fish soup, and the smell of fish soup came out.

    Wu Bai lifted the lid of the pot where the fish soup was being boiled, intending to see if the fish was cooked or not. As a result, he saw that there was no fish in it, only fish soup, and looking at the color, it seemed that it was the one he cooked before going out in the morning. .

    Seeing this, Wu Bai's face was full of black lines.

.He quickly put out the fire, wrapped the handle of the pot with a wet handkerchief, poured the fish soup into the soup bowl on the side, washed the pot again, and added clean water.