4.12

Xiao Zimo took Wu Bai back to the backyard. Father Xiao and the others also happened to be enjoying the shade under the garden pavilion in the backyard. When they saw the two of them, they quickly called them over.

    "You two, come and eat watermelon. This is the one we bought from the street just now and it's frozen. It's very sweet." Mother Xiao said, picked up a piece of watermelon and handed it to Wu Bai.

    Wu Bai took over and thanked him.

    Mother Xiao's eyes were sharp, and she saw that Wu Bai had a hairpin on her head, and praised, "Brother Bai, this hairpin is so unique, it suits you very well."

    When Father Xiao saw his daughter-in-law complimenting the hairpin, he thought she liked it too, so he asked, "Brother Bai, where did you buy this hairpin? I'll go and buy a hairpin for your aunt."

    "Go and go, don't even look at how old I am, where do you get these young hairpins?" Mother Xiao replied with a pretence of displeasure.

."No matter how old you are, you are my daughter-in-law. Why should I buy a hairpin for my daughter-in-law? As long as you like it, I will buy it for you." Father Xiao said as a matter of course.

    Their family's life is not as good as before, and it is not that they can't afford hairpins all the time. Of course, he has to make good compensation for this woman who has suffered with him for half his life.

    When Mother Xiao heard this, she was really moved and shy.

    The corner of Xiao Zimo's eyes twitched, he originally brought Wu Bai to confess to his parents, but he never thought that he was the first to be shown.

    Seeing that his father had hugged his mother and sat down on the stool, and took a piece of watermelon to feed Xiao's mother, Xiao Zimo had no choice but to take Wu Bai out of here first, and tell them about himself and Wu Bai next time.

    In the afternoon, Wu Bai saw that Xiao Zimo was a little tired from handling official business, so he went to the backyard to make tea for him, and wanted him to relieve his fatigue.
.Seeing him here, Father Xiao walked over quietly and asked in a low voice, "Brother Bai, you haven't told me where you bought this hairpin, the quality and texture look very good, and I want to give it to your aunt too. Pick one."

    Seeing him for this matter, Wu Bai honestly told him the address, and Father Xiao thanked Wu Bai and left happily.

    When he left, Mother Xiao also came.

    Knowing the whereabouts of Xiao's father, Xiao's mother also quietly followed.

    In this way, the two went out of the county office one after the other.

    Wu Bai came to the front hall with the tea, put it on the tea table, and said, "You read the official document in the afternoon, take a break and drink a cup of tea!"

    Xiao Zimo put down the official document in his hand, rubbed his eyes, walked over obediently and sat on the edge of the tea table, and said warmly, "Thank you for your hard work."

."It's not hard work, it's just a trivial matter for me, it's you who's really hard work." Wu Bai said thoughtfully.

    Xiao Zimo picked up the teacup, took the lid and skimmed the tea leaves floating on it, and then drank the tea when it was not so hot.

    "What kind of tea is this? I feel refreshed after drinking it." Xiao Zimo was full of surprise.

    "This is the wild tea I picked on the mountain. It is the mountain where the bandits are staying. There is a row of wild tea next to the waterfall." Wu Bai replied with a smile.