7.13

As soon as Wu Bai arrived at the city gate, he was stopped by the yamen.

    "Doctor Wu, the county magistrate has something to ask for." The yamen said respectfully.

    "Did you say something?" Wu Bai asked.

    "The lord didn't say it, but someone from the yamen came to report the case. The deceased died of poisoning. Zuo Zuo just asked for leave to go home. The subordinates guessed that it was related to this." The yamen replied.

    "Let's go then." Wu Bai turned the carriage and headed towards the county office again.

    As soon as the two entered the county government office, a government officer came over to inform them that Wu Bai would go directly to the lobby, and the adults were about to start the trial.

    Wu Bai didn't dare to delay, and hurried to the lobby.

    The magistrate sat high above. When he saw Wu Bai coming back, he immediately asked the yamen to move a chair for Wu Bai and asked him to sit down before the trial began.

    "Who is under the court, what is the so-called matter?" the county magistrate asked in a solemn voice.
.An old woman stepped forward and cried, "My lord, my son's death was wronged, please ask the lord to decide for me~"

    "Quiet, no noise is allowed in the courtroom. If you have any grievances, honestly speaking, this official will deal with justice."

    The old woman did not dare to cry and complained: "The old woman lives on South Street, lives with her son, and opened a fireworks shop just now, but my son Du Tai was poisoned to death, and asked the adults to help me Be in charge, woohoo..."

    After she finished speaking, she glared at another man and a woman in the lobby.

    After the old woman finished speaking, the woman said, "My lord, the woman was wronged. The woman did not poison her husband, and asked the lord to decide for me~"

    "Who is your surname? Sign up." The county magistrate asked.

.The woman replied, "The woman's surname is Fang and her name is Cuicui. She has been married to Du Tai for many years and has a deep relationship. How could she possibly poison him."

    The county magistrate looked at the middle-aged man and asked, "What about you, who is your last name, and what does it have to do with this case?"

    The man replied, "Returning to your lord, Caomin's surname is Wang Minghe, he lives on South Street, and he is a neighbor with Du Tai. He had a dispute with Du Tai a few days ago."

    "Oh? No wonder you were brought here too." The magistrate nodded.

    At this time, the old woman said again: "My lord, the old woman is going to sue these two people. They must have teamed up to murder my son."

    "Do you have any evidence?" the magistrate asked.

    "Yes, this is the sweet-scented osmanthus cake. This is my son's favorite food, and he buys and eats it often." The old woman replied.

    "Show it to Doctor Wu to see if it is poisonous," the county magistrate ordered.

.Wu Bai picked up a silver needle and inserted it into the cake, and then pulled it out. The silver needle was black. He replied, "Sir, this cake was indeed poisoned."

    The county magistrate nodded and said, "Then it seems that the poison is really in this cake."

    At this time, Wang He opened his mouth and said, "Your Excellency Rong Yi."